Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BreadthFirst

_IECreate and 64 bit Windows Vista

7 posts in this topic

Hey all, it seems that _IECreate instantiates the 64 bit Internet explorer when called. Is there any way to override this default and have _IECreate call the 32 bit version of internet explorer?

thanks!

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

If this is true... This could very well explain my problem with sound in this thread.

On a 64bit OS, if the _IECreate tries to use the 64Bit IE, then that would result in complete Flash failure, since 64Bit Flash player does not exist on Windows at this time... So 64Bit _IECreate() = Flash Failure. (If your theory is right of course)

That would be a very handy observation BreadthFirst..

I am curious to see where this goes.

Edited by BinaryBrother

If this is true... This could very well explain my problem with sound in this thread.

On a 64bit OS, if the _IECreate tries to use the 64Bit IE, then that would result in complete Flash failure, since 64Bit Flash player does not exist on Windows at this time... So 64Bit _IECreate() = Flash Failure. (If your theory is right of course)

That would be a very handy observation BreadthFirst..

I am curious to see where this goes.

The nonexistence of a 64 bit flash player is exactly why I need _IECreate to run a 32 bit IE. I just got a new computer that didn't have flash installed. I used _IECreate to run internet explorer, after which I went to the "get flash" website. It kept telling me that I needed to run a 32 bit browser, so I came to the conclusion that _IECreate automatically instantiates the 64 bit internet explorer.

I tried using: Run("iexplore.exe", "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer", @SW_MAXIMIZE)

after which I intended to use an _IEAttach as a work around, but the Run command doesn't do anything.

Any ideas on how to instantiate a 32 bit IE?

WINDOWS VIIISSSTAAA >_<

Hey all, it seems that _IECreate instantiates the 64 bit Internet explorer when called. Is there any way to override this default and have _IECreate call the 32 bit version of internet explorer?

thanks!

Did you try the 32 bit version of AutoIt?

Maybe one of those links will help

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general/browse_thread/thread/6ef8ac8f70ee5a32/fc75ebe2ede93ed3?lnk=raot

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/iewebdevelopment/thread/95f0a6a2-955a-4e0b-a537-9909f39ab26d

32 bit = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

64 bit = "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

I am 99% sure you need to use the 32 bit version of autoit.

run("C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
_IEAttach(.....)

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

Also, try what AdmiralAlkex said... Compile your script for x86(32bit) and see how that works.

That was the fix for my sound issue more or less.

Edit: I actually think AdmiralAlkex was talking about using the 32Bit version of AutoIt entirely. Not just compiling in x86. Whoops... >_<

Edited by BinaryBrother

Hello, coming back with another question to this post. It may be that I don't know too well AutoIt yet, but a little help will be welcomed.

So, I also tried to use function _IECreate and noticed that on 64 bit, the 64 bit version of IE is opened.

The thing is, I also thought of using ' Run("C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe") ' but, I haven't managed to change the url ... to go to a specified url.

$oIE = Run("C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe")
            _IENavigate ($oIE, "http://www.website.com")
            $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName ($oIE, "login_form")
            $oText = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($oForm, "Email")
            _IEFormElementSetValue ($oText, GUICtrlRead($email))
            $oText = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($oForm, "Pass")
            _IEFormElementSetValue ($oText, GUICtrlRead($pass))
            _IEFormSubmit ($oForm)
            _IELoadWait ($oIE)

Can someone please nudge me a bit? Using the code like this i get '--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Error from function _IENavigate, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType'

Thanks for the help in advance, see you soon.