• Yes. Please make more like this.
    • Its OK.
    • Its nice, but I dont really use it.
    • Nice try.
    • No. Its a steaming pile.

Topic Moved

Please follow this topic/utility in the Example Scripts forum

View topic here

After using a version of this utility for myself for some time, I decided it was time to generalize it, and make it available to the AutoIt community. The utility adds itself to the "New" right-click shell menu to create a folder containing everything needed to start working on a new AU3 project, based on template files.

Just download the install.exe file, and run it. It will take care of all the registry entries, as well as install the utility itself.

The utility itself was written using AU3.

To customize the templates for yourself, go to the "%ProgramFiles%\MyAU3Project" folder, customize the contents of the "include" folder, and update the MyAU3Project.ini as needed.

TO DO:

1 - The code has not been optimized at all. Once I have cleaned up the code a little, I will post the source here as well.

2 - Usage should be fairly strait-forward, but as I get a little extra time, I will post some documentation as well.

3 - The dialog window was slapped together in rather a hurry. I will try to improve on it as time permits.

Edited by willichan

I think this belongs in example scripts.

I have no objections to it moving there, if that is more appropriate. Since it is intended as a useful utility, and is not posing any example code, I figured this the more appropriate location.

Maybe there should be a new forum for AU3 related utilities.