Save multiple lines from a GUICtrlCreateInput

Vegar

I want to be able to save all the lines that i write in a GUICtrlCreateInput in a ini-file

now it only saves the top line i write in the box

someone knows how i can solve this?

I assume you are creating an edit rather than an input which is single line.

An ini key value is only the remainder of the line after the "key=", so if you write several lines of text you only read back the first line.

The easiest way to do it is to save the text to a file, say MyText.txt, and write the name of the file in the ini key.

Another way is to save the number of lines in a key, and then save each line as line1=, line2= etc, but unless you use InFileEX you have to be carefull about th e32k limit.

Third way is to replace all @CRLF, @LF and @CR with some other unlikely characters such as ~#@~C~R~L~F#~ for @CRLF characters and save just one long line, then convert back when you read the ini.

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.