Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ClintonElston

Newbie Help Urgently Required - Constant Issue

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am trying to re-use a script from another users, but when we compile and run keep getting an error, based on my investigation I can see that there is an issue with the Constant below ???

$txtPassword = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 112, 80, 153, 21, BitOR($ES_PASSWORD,$ES_AUTOHSCROLL))

$lblPassword2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Confirm Password:", 16, 120, 91, 17)

$txtPassword2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 112, 120, 153, 21, BitOR($ES_PASSWORD,$ES_AUTOHSCROLL))

This is the error from the Console when doing a F5

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "C:\Documents and Settings\userX\Desktop\Dev\pptp.txt.au3"

C:\Documents and Settings\userX\Desktop\Dev\pptp.txt.au3 (24) : ==> Variable used without being declared.:

$txtPassword = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 112, 80, 153, 21, BitOR($ES_PASSWORD,$ES_AUTOHSCROLL))

$txtPassword = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 112, 80, 153, 21, BitOR(^ ERROR

>Exit code: 1 Time: 1.650

Are these still valid, here is a link to the full original script

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33005

Could anybody tell me what is wrong.

TIA

Clinton

ClintonElston,

First, welcome to the AuotIt forums.

You are trying to compile an old script with a new compiler. From v 3.2.12.0 onwards, the "Constant" include files have to be added individually, rather than all being lumped together within <GUIConstants.au3>. This was done because automatically including all the constants was bloating the code unnecessarily. So you have to add the necessary include files yourself - look at the sticky at the top of the page "How to convert GUI scripts to v3.2.12.0".

In short: Change <GUIConstants.au3> to <GUIConstantsEx.au3> and then add the necessary includes - in this case you would need <EditConstants.au3>". The clue is the type of control affected and the initial "$?S_" - E=Edit, W=Windows, etc.

I hope this helps - have fun! >_<

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Hi MKelba,

Thank you so much for your reply !

We edited the code so that the part where the password is hidden is skipped which alowed the code to run. I will post the changes when I get the chance, I just wanted to say a quick thanks as I didnt want ou to think I was ignoring yopu >_<

See you soon !!