change an string without changing the compiled file size

Hi,

I'm using autoit 3.2.12.1

Let me explain my question with this example.

I have a number for example 3412.42 in my script which is given to a variable like $var1

When I compile it, the .exe file size would be 1,302 Bytes

Here is the problem, I want to change this number with a new number like 3412.53 and then I compile it, but I don't want the compiled file size to be changed even a bit !

Apparently there should be no change in it because nothing is added to it and just some characters are replaced with another ones, but it seems that there's a variable in the compiler which is added to the script and changes the size every time i compile it.

It's so important to me that i keep the size constant. It's part of my software and i can't change it.

Please help me !

thanks in advance .

Edited by lordsepid

Hi,

I have a number for example 3412.42 in my script which is given to a variable like $var1

Here is the problem, I want to change this number with a new number like 3412.53 and then I compile it, but I don't want the compiled file size to be changed even a bit !

Apparently there should be no change in it because nothing is added to it and just some characters are replaced with another ones, but it seems that there's a variable in the compiler which is added to the script and changes the size every time i compile it.

It's so important to me that i keep the size constant. It's part of my software and i can't change it.

Please help me !

thanks in advance .

Are you using Obfuscater or anything like tiny also the version number and etc. these cab change the file size every time you compile.

Try adding a dummy $DUMMYSTRING = " "

Now if the file size after increase delete one, if decrease increase one.

Hi,

Please help me !

thanks in advance .

Obfuscator and the native encryption of the compiled script file make it hard to get exactly the same thing twice. You would at least have to disable both of those.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Obfuscator and the native encryption of the compiled script file make it hard to get exactly the same thing twice. You would at least have to disable both of those.

:D

Not encryption. It's the LZSS compression. Also UPX play a role in this also.