simple import GUI help

Lbessy

hey there,

I'm pretty new to Autoit and i've figured out how to do some basic things to help automate the game i'm playing, World of Warcraft. I think i'm about as far as i can go in the programming without learning how to do the GUI stuff. I downloaded the GUI creator thing from the sticky at the top of the GUI forums, i've made a GUI with a button. But now i'm trying to figure out how to import it into my code.

Here's my code, it simply runs an auto clicker to click the "6" button in wow no matter what window is activated. I want to set up a simple GUI with a Start, and a stop button. This is simply for my learning experience because i can easily click run, and click "pause" to stop it. Thank you for your help.

$win_title = "World of Warcraft" 
WinActivate($win_title, "") 
WinSetOnTop($win_title, "", 0) 
Sleep(1000) 

HotKeySet("{PAUSE}", "EndScript") 

$i = 0 
While $i <= 10 
ControlSend ( "World of Warcraft", "", "", "6")
Sleep(4500)
WEnd

Func EndScript() 
$exit = MsgBox(4, "Ender", "Exit the Bot?") 
If $exit = 6 Then 
Exit 
EndIf 
EndFunc

Thanks,

-Lbessy

P.S. i have created a "simple" GUI i'm just trying to figure out how to import it into the code

HI what I meant was that post your GUI code in this forum.. That will save me the effort of making 1 for you. Then I ll integrate ur script with it and take you through how we check for button presses and all that..

[font="Garamond"]Manjish Naik[/font]Engineer, Global Services - QPSHoneywell Automation India LimitedE-mail - Manjish.Naik@honeywell.com

Since I am at home and have a festive holiday today , I might as well do this for you..

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

Global $j=0
Example()
HotKeySet("{PAUSE}", "Stop") 
Func Example()
    Local $Button_1, $Button_2, $msg
    GUICreate("My GUI Button") ; will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered

Opt("GUICoordMode", 2)
    $Button_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start", 10, 30, 100)
    $Button_2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Stop", 0, -1)

GUISetState()      ; will display an  dialog box with 2 button

; Run the GUI until the dialog is closed
    While 1
        If $j=1 Then 
        ControlSend ( "World of Warcraft", "", "", "6")
        Sleep(4500)
        EndIf
        $msg = GUIGetMsg()
        Select
            Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                ExitLoop
            Case $msg = $Button_1
                start()    ; Will Run/Open Notepad
                $j=1
            Case $msg = $Button_2
                stop()
        EndSelect
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>Example
Func start()
    MsgBox(4096,"Start","Started Bot")
WinActivate($win_title, "") 
WinSetOnTop($win_title, "", 0) 
Sleep(1000) 
EndFunc
Func Stop() 
$exit = MsgBox(4, "Ender", "Exit the Bot?") 
If $exit = 6 Then 
Exit 
EndIf 
EndFunc
[font="Garamond"]Manjish Naik[/font]Engineer, Global Services - QPSHoneywell Automation India LimitedE-mail - Manjish.Naik@honeywell.com

Thank you for the reply, There is a problem though. When i ran the script, the GUI poped up, and "start" workds, but when i pressed stop it wouldn't stop, and when i hit the "x" button at the top of the screen it didn't close the window, <alt> <f4> didn't work to close it. so i had to do <ctrl> <alt> <delete> and end the task. I don't know if it was just a freak thing but it didn't wanna close. Also i'd like to learn how to create a GUI and import it into the code, if you know of a TUT already out there if you could link it that would be great, thank you for all your help

-Lbessy

Thank you for the reply, There is a problem though. When i ran the script, the GUI poped up, and "start" workds, but when i pressed stop it wouldn't stop, and when i hit the "x" button at the top of the screen it didn't close the window, <alt> <f4> didn't work to close it. so i had to do <ctrl> <alt> <delete> and end the task. I don't know if it was just a freak thing but it didn't wanna close. Also i'd like to learn how to create a GUI and import it into the code, if you know of a TUT already out there if you could link it that would be great, thank you for all your help

-Lbessy

I don't have WOW.. So I can't actually test this. The prob u r describing is quite straightforward. Your while loop is getting busy and is not able to check the GUI events like close. I would have solved this, but as I said I can't test it. You will have to learn to troubleshoot.

About the tuts, well u will have to download autoit1-2-3 or Learning to script with autoit. You can search these on Gen Help and support forum. (Sorry, I don't have the time to send u the link.)

There's always the help file and it's tutorials. You might wanna check those too.

Edited by Manjish