Funcpopup error

bowain

I've been over the forums numerous times and searched but can not find an answer to this.

I just started to use Funcpopup and it dawned on me I should update my Scite4Aoutit3. So I downloaded the latest Scite4Autoit3 installer and now Funcpopup is acting weird. The help window shows 'This program can not display this web page'. But if I open teh help file or use F1 inside scite the help file displays proper. I reinstalled the last copy of Scite4Autoit3 and Funcpopup works fine.

I am running off a thumb drive and have not had a problem doing so until, now. The installer even installed it to the thumb drive without any issues.

Thanks for any help

• 4 months later...

I've been over the forums numerous times and searched but can not find an answer to this.

I just started to use Funcpopup and it dawned on me I should update my Scite4Aoutit3. So I downloaded the latest Scite4Autoit3 installer and now Funcpopup is acting weird. The help window shows 'This program can not display this web page'. But if I open teh help file or use F1 inside scite the help file displays proper. I reinstalled the last copy of Scite4Autoit3 and Funcpopup works fine.

I am running off a thumb drive and have not had a problem doing so until, now. The installer even installed it to the thumb drive without any issues.

Thanks for any help

I have come up with a workaround, but I'm not sure of what it may break (I'm sure that it won't be anything major, these are only help files).

In researching this issue, I found that by loading an older version of SciTE that it worked correctly, but loading the latest version resulted in the symptom you are describing (cannot display web page).

In checking what was working and what was giving the error, I found the following details:

• WORKING older version of SciTE was loading C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.chm
  • ERRORING newer version of SciTE was loading C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt.chm
These 2 help files seem to be similar when I load them (they both state that they are v3.3.4.0 & appear to have all of the same sections except 1 additional section in the 'AutoIt.chm' file), but they are hugely different in filesize.

Here's what I thought should resolve this issue:

• Edit the SciTE 'au3.properties' file (from within SciTE, select 'Options' | 'Open au3.properties')
  • Go to the section titled '# Commands to for Help F1'
  • Find the following commented line:

'#~ command.help.$(au3)=$(CurrentWord)!$(autoit3dir)\autoit.chm'

• Uncommented the line and changed it to:

'command.help.$(au3)=$(CurrentWord)!$(autoit3dir)\autoit3.chm'

• Save the changes and reloaded SciTE
Even though I felt like this should have resolved the issue, it did not!

It's like SciTE is not reading this setting, so I put things back the way they were and went to my next step.

So, here's my workaround to this issue:

• Go to the folder 'C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\'
  • Delete the file 'AutoIt.chm' (or just rename it for safekeeping)
  • Make a copy of 'AutoIt3.chm' and rename the copy to 'AutoIt.chm'
  • Fire up SciTE, load up a '.au3' file, hit Shift+F1 and you should be good to go!

Anyway, I hope this is helpful to others because it's been driving me crazy for quite some time!

• Developers

FuncPOPup F1 works fine for me so am not sure how you are getting the error.

Also the Help file line from the au3.properties isn;t what it looks like these days since that is running au3help.exe.

What version do you have installed on your PC?

I think the workaround will disable the references to all UDFs when using F1 in SciTE.

Jos

EDIT: ok, i found a way to replicate your issue. will have a look at FuncPopUP to see what is causing this.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

I have updated Funcpopup to use Autoit3.chm now.

Give the version in the Beta Download directory a try.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)