Creating linked lists

I know that it's doable using an array in array with one of your elements containing the aray for the next list item, but I read somewhere that using different data types in an array, moreso array in arrays, isn't recommended. (Forgot where I read it.)

In relation to this, is it also possible to create data structures in AutoIt? A linked list is just basically a data structure with one element containing the pointer value to the next element in the list.

It would be nice to learn how to do this, if it's at all possible, since a linked list can be used for a lot of things, such as a variable size stack or array.

Edited by omikron48

I know that it's doable using an array in array with one of your elements containing the aray for the next list item, but I read somewhere that using different data types in an array, moreso array in arrays, isn't recommended. (Forgot where I read it.)

In relation to this, is it also possible to create data structures in AutoIt? A linked list is just basically a data structure with one element containing the pointer value to the next element in the list.

It would be nice to learn how to do this, if it's at all possible, since a linked list can be used for a lot of things, such as a variable size stack or array.

First, you should do some searching of the forum, where this has been discussed before. Then, you would find helpful stuff like weaponx's reply.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law