Sign in to follow this  
Mecrazycoder

Unable to open Excel file?

Mecrazycoder

Hi Guys,

I wrote a script to open Excel file.

#Include<Excel.au3>

$oExcel=_ExcelBookOpen("TableInput.xls")
$sheetNameList=_ExcelSheetList($oExcel)
For $i=1 To $sheetNameList[0]
    MsgBox(0,"",$sheetNameList[$i])
Next
but the problem when i run it i am getting error as

F:\Tools\AutoIt3\Include\Excel.au3 (189) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:

If $sPassword = "" And $sWritePassword = "" Then .WorkBooks.Open($sFilePath, Default, $fReadOnly)

If $sPassword = "" And $sWritePassword = "" Then .WorkBooks.Open($sFilePath, Default, $fReadOnly)^ ERROR

Is there anything wrong with my code.File is not password protected.Tanx in advance Edited by Mecrazycoder

[size="4"][font="Arial Narrow"][font="Garamond"]Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference[/font][/font][/size][indent][/indent]

Juvigy

this line is completely wrong:

change it to:

For $i=0 To Ubound($sheetNameList)-1 step 1

Mecrazycoder

this line is completely wrong:

change it to:

For $i=0 To Ubound($sheetNameList)-1 step 1

Tanx man but i am afraid its not working.Any way without loop also i am getting same error :D

[size="4"][font="Arial Narrow"][font="Garamond"]Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference[/font][/font][/size][indent][/indent]

Juvigy

Specify the full path to the excel file and try again.

Also check with IsObj($oExcel) if the open function has succeeded.

Mecrazycoder

Specify the full path to the excel file and try again.

Also check with IsObj($oExcel) if the open function has succeeded.

After giving full path it seems to be working.But i am not sure,why that error occurred before, though the file is in script directory.Anyway its working now.Tanx dude

Juvigy

The function need full path name:

#Include <Excel.au3>
$oExcel = _ExcelBookOpen($sFilePath[, $fVisible = 1[, $fReadOnly = False[, $sPassword = ""[, $sWritePassword = ""]]]])

Parameters

$sFilePath Path and filename of the file to be opened 
$fVisible Flag, whether to show or hide the workbook (0=not visible, 1=visible) (default=1) 
$fReadOnly Flag, whether to open the workbook as read-only (True or False) (default=False) 
$sPassword The password that was used to read-protect the workbook, if any (default is none) 
$sWritePassword The password that was used to write-protect the workbook, if any (default is none)

Mecrazycoder

The function need full path name:

#Include <Excel.au3>
$oExcel = _ExcelBookOpen($sFilePath[, $fVisible = 1[, $fReadOnly = False[, $sPassword = ""[, $sWritePassword = ""]]]])

Parameters

$sFilePath Path and filename of the file to be opened 
$fVisible Flag, whether to show or hide the workbook (0=not visible, 1=visible) (default=1) 
$fReadOnly Flag, whether to open the workbook as read-only (True or False) (default=False) 
$sPassword The password that was used to read-protect the workbook, if any (default is none) 
$sWritePassword The password that was used to write-protect the workbook, if any (default is none)

Umm..that sounds gud Tanx dude :D