WinWaitActive with classname

(I'm using AutoIt3.1.0.15T on Win XP Pro SP2)

Whenever I have the Task Manager running (regardless whether it's "Hide When Minimized"), the following code does not work as expected.

Normally, the code displays a tooltip when any standard MessageBox window appears.

(An easy way to get generate a message box is to close notepad without saving its contents). When the task manager is running, I never get a tooltip....

Why would the task manager interfere with the WinActive? Wouldn't an actual active MessageBox be higher in the Z-order or whatever?

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4);advanced
While 1
    sleep(100)
    If WinActive("classname=#32770") Then
        ToolTip("Info:  " & WinGetTitle("classname=#32770"))
    Else
        ToolTip('')
    EndIf
WEnd
Edit: Clarify above info. Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Works for me, however, my AutoIt is out of date by a couple versions and the Tooltip change has not been applied in the version I'm using. I don't think that would be an issue.

Ahhh, after a bit more testing, I feel fairly confident in stating that you have Task Manager set to "Always on Top". I originally did not; enabling it causes the problem you describe. Don't ask me why.

Ahhh, after a bit more testing, I feel fairly confident in stating that you have Task Manager set to "Always on Top".  I originally did not; enabling it causes the problem you describe.  Don't ask me why.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I knew there was something I was overlooking! Good enough for me, thanks.
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!