SciTE - How to run AutoIt version AND original?

I'm not sure where else to post this, but if any body has an idea on this please let me know...

I use the 'original' SciTE editor for Javascript, PHP and SQL/MySQL. And then I tried the version I found on the AutoIt site. It has some really cool AutoIt featues....but it gets rid of the tabs and the color coding for other languages!!

My real question...is how do I combine the best out of each version? (Without running two versions)

• Developers

I use the 'original' SciTE editor for Javascript, PHP and SQL/MySQL.  And then I tried the version I found on the AutoIt site.  It has some really cool AutoIt featues....but it gets rid of the tabs and the color coding for other languages!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are right about the Tabs when you refer to "Language" dropdown box, i removed a lot of languages from the dorpdownbox because it looked very messy. However the Syntax Highlighting should still work since the "Import" statements are done for these languages you mention and if they have the standard file extension they get automatically recognised by SciTE.

Javascript is defined in cpp.properties

PHP is defined in html.properties

SQL/MySQL is defined in sql.properties

You should see these ???.properties files under the "Options" dropdownbox.

My real question...is how do I combine the best out of each version?  (Without running two versions)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you want to add Languages to the "Language" dropdown box or if definitions are missing then:

- click on Options/Open Global Options file

- scroll down to:

menu.language=\

Text|txt|Shift+F11|\

#Ada|ads||\

AutoIt3|au3|Shift+F12|\

#Apache Confi&g|conf||\

#Assembler|asm||\

#Avenue|ave||\

And remove the # infront of the option you want added to the menu.

Then scroll down to:

# Import all the language specific properties files

#import ada

import au3

import asm

#import ave

And remove the # in front of the definitions you want to have loaded for the languages.

Enjoy,

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)