StringInStr Loop help

TecGuy

I am running a program that reading the output of a dos program and dumping it to a log file

That i have working.

What i would like it to do is to also read the output for part of a string to get an error code like this (code10) to terminate and and restart $command = Run(@ComSpec

$command = Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & \program.exe","",@SW_HIDE,3)  

$read = "" 
Do
    If StdoutRead($command,1,True) Then
        $read = StdoutRead($command)
        If  Then ExitLoop

_FileWriteLog("C:\" & $fld & "\" & $Bdir1 & "_" & $sta & "_" & @YEAR & @MON & @MDAY & "_"& @HOUR & @MIN &$ext,$read)

If Not StringInStr($read,"complete") Then $read = ""
    EndIf
Until $read <> ""
StdinWrite($command,"x")

Thanks for any help you can give and any suggestions that would make this more effecient i would appreciate it.

Thanks,

TecGuy

Edited by TecGuy

Thank you for your help that resolved the issue

I do have another issue.

I would like to use a word like in the following statement to trigger an error

If Not StdoutRead($command) =  "error" Then

The Problem is that the word is only part of the string

Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

I looked at StringInStr and this is what i am running into

Then String I will be using will have a date time stamp at the beginnig of the string and i will not be able to keep that constant

is there a way to look at each line for the word "error" without knowing any of the string it will be in?

Thanks,

Edited by TecGuy

I am not sure I understand your problem. StringInStr will return the position of a substring anywhere in a string. It returns 0 if it is not found. You could do something like the following, but you will probably need to improve this:

$errorpos = StringinStr($read, "error")

if $errorpos > 0 Then
 MsgBox(0,"Error found", $read)
EndIf

I apologize for my lack of clarity. I have been trying to get this to work and don't know

Autiot well enought to find the answer. I am willing to do the work just don't know where to look.

This is what i am trying to do

1. I have a program that runs in dos and i noticed that when i disconnect from the internet it populates the Autiot console but if plugged in it doesn't. i want to trigger an error when the internet is disconnected or does not exist and restart the script until reconnected or reaches 10 retry's then exit.

My guess is that the error that is populating the console is from $STDERR_CHILD but when i tried to implement your suggestion nothing happened.

I am on day 14 since i found Autiot and just don't know this program well enough to solve.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I apologize if you have already answered my question

here is the sample script i am working with:

EnvSet("Log_CMD",EnvGet("Log_CMD") & $var & " --log-file=/cygdrive/" & $RsDr & "/" & $dir & "/" & $fld & "/" & $Bdir1 & "_" & $out & "_" & @YEAR   & @MON& @MDAY&"_" & @HOUR & @MIN & @SEC & $ext)
Local $command = Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & "%home%\Program.exe","",@SW_HIDE,3)

While 1
        For $i = 1 to 10
 $read = "" 
Do
    If StdoutRead($command,1,True) Then
        If @error Then ExitLoop
    _FileWriteLog("C:\Config.Msi\" & $fld & "\" & $Bdir1 & "_" & $sta & "_" & @YEAR & @MON & @MDAY & "_"& @HOUR &@MIN &$ext,$read)
        If Not StringInStr($read,"Terminating secure channel ...") Then $read = "" ; 
            EndIf
Until $read <> ""
StdinWrite($command,"x")

Next
Edited by TecGuy

I can't solve the specific problem you are tryng to work, but I can tell you that having StdOutRead as the subject of an If statement is not going to work because it returns a string, not true/false. Also, StringInStr returns a value, not true/false. You need to look more closely at the functions, what they return and restructure your code accordingly.

Thanks for your reply. Your are absolutely right. I found the following

on the forum that allowed me to see the error code. One thing i was doing was

not running runwait which allowed the error codes from the program to be generated

I give the following thread http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=297 the credit

RunWait("C:\SomeCompiledScript.exe")
$Var = @error
MsgBox(0,"", $Var)
Exit

Thanks for all of you help,

TecGuy