3.1.1++

jpm

Can this installer for the beta possibly recoded?  Atm if you intend to install the beta you MUST first install regular autoit v3 Prior to installing the beta..why? Once installing the beta and trying to use the new features, they will FAIL, because all pointers are to the default version v3 and not the new beta.  You must manually move files from folder to folder such as AutoItSC.bin to make the beta the default engine on running the scripts you click or head into the programs menu to compile it manually from the beta folder.

Suggest an option to make the beta your default on install, including a patch to convert beta to default install, or at least instructions in the help file to tell new members how to convert your make your install use the beta features.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is by design we choose to have beta installed only if the official release is installed. I don't see any reason to change that as beta is not an official release.

The beta menu part allow to run the beta part. If you want to toggle the default you can use the Ejoc "Toggle AU3 beta.au3" script. I think I will add it in a next beta.

It is true we can add some doc how to run the beta software. In fact as it will disapear when it become official we never thought about. :)

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5th August, 2005 - v3.1.1.66 (beta)

Fixed : MouseClickDelay option. (by Nutster)

Added : Check to InitScript to scan all variables in the script and make sure they are well-formed, not beginning with digits. (by Nutstser)

Updated : Documentation for StringRegExp. (by Nutster)

Changed : Simplify StackStructure(internal). (by Nutster)

Fixed : GuiGetCursorInfo primary/secondary under nonXP. (By Holger)

Fixed : GuiCtrlSendMsg, TraySetState doc link. (Thanks LxP)

Fixed : Obj returning handle. (By SvenP)

Added :  $GUI_WS_EX_PARENTDRAG Allow the label or pic control to be used as the title bar to drag the whole the parent window. (Thanks Josbe, ...)

Updated : ComRef doc.(by SvenP)

Fixed : Redim of array byRef parameter. (Thanks Valik/Nutster)

Fixed : GuiCtrlSetState($tabitem,$GUI_SHOW) on visible GUI. (Thanks 02clams)

Fixed : FileFindFirstFile doc. (Thanks Zedna)

Updated : New AutoIt Logo/icon. (by Jon)

Added : _MouseTrap() to Misc.au3. (by gafrost)

Updated :   Internal ContinueCase perf optimisation. (by Nutster)

Added : _Singleton to Misc.au3. (Valik code+)

Fixed : ContinueCase type doc. (Thanks VicTT)

Fixed : _GUICtrlListViewSort if no items in listview. (Thanks SnowOfIce/gafrost)

Added : HWnd and IsHWnd functions. (By Valik).

Special disclaimer from Dev team

The handling of HWND's has been improved in this release but may have introduced bugs or regressions. Some regressions were intended, for example, the string representation of an HWND now includes a "0x" before the hex number. These changes were made to allow the support to be expanded. There have also been behavioral changes to how HWND's are processed when checked as a boolean. The changes in this area are geared to make HWND's more intuitive to use like the other (internal) data-types but make cause some scripts to break. Please report any bugs in the Bug Reports forum.

Edited by jpm

Will you release a new update today?

I'm just curious...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Certainly yes I was fighting :"> to have the same build tree as JON

EDIT: Perhaps no I am waiting Nutster code

Edited by jpm

Go ahead and release the new version and I will submit later.

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

11th August, 2005 - v3.1.1.67 (beta)

Fixed : _ArrayReverse example typo. (by gafrost)

Fixed : StringSplit doc clarification. (Thanks Zedna)

Fixed : lexer cache. (by Nutster)

Fixed : Fixed bug (again) in AutoItSetOption to the definition of MouseClickDragDelay. (by Nutster)

Updated : Internal code. (by Nutster)

Removed : Check to InitScript to scan all variables in the script and make sure they are well-formed, not beginning with digits. (by Jon)

Fixed : InputBox left,top values when not defined. (Thanks Saunders/jpm)

Fixed : Crash when deleting an input control. (Thanks HardCopy)

Fixed : BitShift, Break, BlockInput doc. (Thanks Andrea)

Fixed : FileFindNextFile return error.

Added : @ScriptLineNumber, @ProcessorArch

Fixed : MouseClick, WinFlash doc typo. (Thanks VicTT)

Warning: installer has been modified according to a reuploaded official release that's Jon is doing. Just report if something wrong with your current state.

Am I just blind/stupid, or was the .a3x cut from the most recent beta releases?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What do you mean?

you don't get it anymore ? if yes just report on bug forum.

Don't use this thread to report problem. Thanks

But not including it any more wouldn't be a bug...just yet another short feature request. If you would like, I can create another topic to put my last penny's worth of thoughts into the request...

Writing AutoIt scripts since

_DateAdd("d", -2, _NowCalcDate())

But not including it any more wouldn't be a bug...just yet another short feature request.  If you would like, I can create another topic to put my last penny's worth of thoughts into the request...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got it did a wrong merge assuming Jon send me the compiler with the new logo for the beta version.

I will at least put back the code working with the old logo for 3.1.1.68 :whistle:

• Administrators

Am I just blind/stupid, or was the .a3x cut from the most recent beta releases?

I've deleted the source by accident :whistle:

I'm currently working on new code for the compiler that has some enhancements like not storing a reversible version of the password and being in an easier format to identify the script part for AV vendors. Existing .a3x files would need to be recompiled at that point anyway - so don't go nuts with the feature :dance:

• Administrators

I never understood that .a3x

Is it a more secure way for compiling scripts?

When you normally compile a script you get a builtin version Autoti attached (so that compiled script is 150KB+ even for as one line program). .a3x is an autoit equivalent of .zip so it's tiny. However, you need a copy of autoit3.exe to run it.

When you normally compile a script you get a builtin version Autoti attached (so that compiled script is 150KB+ even for as one line program).  .a3x is an autoit equivalent of .zip so it's tiny.  However, you need a copy of autoit3.exe to run it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if you still need the executable, why not use .au3?

I still don't see any advantages.

Edited by SlimShady