Quick tool

Thornhunt

this program collects any .jpeg file from the 4chan forums /wg/w/ hope you enjoy.

its simple and easy and is a bit of fun

scans 1/2 posts per second

if anyone finds a way to increase the checks per socont count please share :D

enjoy NOTICE: you need a "downloads" directory at the same location of the script for it to work.

please post your views :D

Edited by Thornhunt

Budweiser + room = warm beerwarm beer + fridge = too long!warm beer + CO2 fire extinguisher = Perfect![quote]Protect the easly offended ... BAN EVERYTHING[/quote]^^ hmm works for me :D

It's much better to keep tracking new threads, and then download all images from that thread, constantly checking if an image has already been downloaded or not. That way you can make groups of images, sorting them by thread. Also, if they ever change their system of storing images, your script won't be affected. It's also faster because you don't have to try downloading each and every file that might not even be there, when you do a download you are absolutely sure the file exists and is avialable. There's probably a few other benefits of crawling the html page, instead of guessing where to download a file but I can't think of them now.

It's much better to keep tracking new threads, and then download all images from that thread, constantly checking if an image has already been downloaded or not. That way you can make groups of images, sorting them by thread. Also, if they ever change their system of storing images, your script won't be affected. It's also faster because you don't have to try downloading each and every file that might not even be there, when you do a download you are absolutely sure the file exists and is avialable. There's probably a few other benefits of crawling the html page, instead of guessing where to download a file but I can't think of them now.

thankyou for the reply :D

im gonna work on this over the next week or so, since i only had 5 mins kill time to make this in last night.

and i will give what you stated above a go .. might be a while till i get a working product since im kinda new to the whole inet stuff :D (didnt need to work with it befor so didnt learn it :D)

again thankyou for the feedback :D

Budweiser + room = warm beerwarm beer + fridge = too long!warm beer + CO2 fire extinguisher = Perfect![quote]Protect the easly offended ... BAN EVERYTHING[/quote]^^ hmm works for me :D