Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dew

Is there a work-around to Norton Antivirus

4 posts in this topic

I created an auto login / password to my email account. When I run it from SciTE it runs great, but once it is compiled to an exe file Norton will prevent it from running and to top it off will delete the file.

Is there a way I can work around this?

Thanks ahead for all suggestions.

-dew

Sounds like the av is seeing the file as a virus.

What does the log file in norton AV say it detects it as?

Also, it could be from the UPX packing that AutoIt does.

You can try setting an exclusion in norton AV to exclude that file from AV scanning.

Other than that... you can try removing parts of your code to see where norton is picking it up as a virus. It'll take awhile but you'll be able to find out what exactly is triggering norton to see your code as a virus and then maybe work around it by rewriting it another way.

Sorry, that's the best I can suggest.

Report the file to Symantec as a false positive. Many antivirus programs detect AutoIt as malware. They don't read the scripts, they just block all of them.

Sounds like the av is seeing the file as a virus.

What does the log file in norton AV say it detects it as?

Also, it could be from the UPX packing that AutoIt does.

You can try setting an exclusion in norton AV to exclude that file from AV scanning.

Other than that... you can try removing parts of your code to see where norton is picking it up as a virus. It'll take awhile but you'll be able to find out what exactly is triggering norton to see your code as a virus and then maybe work around it by rewriting it another way.

Sorry, that's the best I can suggest.

Thanks, I did what you said and block out routines until it would run. Then I moved forward and finally saw a message from Norton to "run anyway", fixed the problem. :D