script that can edit an mp3?

Hawkwing

Does anyone know of a way to use autoit to edit an mp3 in any of the following ways?

1. Amplify a section

2. Delete a section

3. Overwrite a section with another mp3

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

I thought that might be necessary, does anyone know of an mp3 editor that would be easy to automate with autoit? I'd be willing to use just about any free software(as long as it doesn't come packed with viruses), but I don't want to have to buy software to accomplish this.

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

MP3DirectCut is a lossless MP3 editor that allows amplifying, splitting, etc.

http://www.mpesch3.de1.cc/mp3dc.html

208kB

there's a couple command line options, a few menu items and buttons that should be easy to easy to automate. There's a location bar but standard "control" commands don't work, send should work. You can also use cue sheets and some of the navigation buttons or hotkeys. There's a normalize function, and volume can change with hotkeys (ctrl+up/down for +-1.5dB)

Copy and paste will let you add in sections from other MP3s.

Edited by TurionAltec