Update information after script is compiled

fcjoe

Hello,

I have a compiled script that copies files from one location to another but skips certain file types; pictures, videos, temp files, etc...

The script checks the extension of the file to determine if it should be copied or not. It works great but then I got a request to be able to update the file types that are excluded. Either adding to or removing file extensions from the list. I modified the script to read the excluded file extensions from a text file. The problem is people keep forgetting to copy that text file along with the script. This script is run on different computers everytime

I want to just have one file (the compiled script) but still give people the ability to modify the list of excluded extensions and save the modifications. So if I start the script and it currently only exlcudes .jpg files. I want to be able to add .mp3 extension to the list and when I close the script, the next time I run it both extensions will be there (.jpg and .mp3) regardless of which computer I run it from.

Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks,

Joe

Use an INI file with the provided INI functions?

Jos

Jos,

If I use an INI file they will need to remember to copy it along the compiled script. This would be the same problem that I currently have with the text file. I want to have only one file, the compiled script.

Thanks,

Joe

• Developers

You could create an INI with default setting when it isn't copied together with the program?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)