Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
acidfear

ToolTip Question

4 posts in this topic

I'm setting a tooltip to display at the top left hand corner of the screen (0,0) to display some information via hotkey press while I'm playing a game.

The issue is that once I hit the hotkey for it to show, it shows infinitely.

Is there a way to setup a timer or another hotkey to make it disappear? I looked through the help file but nothing mentioned this (or I missed it :D)

A Tooltip will appear until the script terminates or ToolTip("") is called.

Function ToolTip

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

That doesn't explain how to get rid of it; as I mentioned it shows infinitely without using sleep.

That doesn't explain how to get rid of it; as I mentioned it shows infinitely without using sleep.

You could fire an AdLib function to clear it after a certain time [Prod = AdLibEnable(), Beta = AdLibRegister()]. ToolTip() doesn't have a built-in timer, but TrayTip() does. Maybe you could use a tray tip instead?

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law