Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scriptgma

Need help making compiled exe run silently

8 posts in this topic

How do you get a compiled au3 to run without showing windows being opened and closed and settings being changed.

I have recorded an .au3 that changes the advanced network settings on a network driver and I want it to run silently with the option of adding a progress bar.

Is there a way to do this.

Thanks.

1510xpwireless.au3

Well you could probably use the @SW_MINIMIZE flag in Function Run. To open a program without opening at least a taskbar entry would only be possible if the run'd program supported an option like that, or maybe the program could be started as a service.

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

I've seen many posts asking on how to hide this or that while it's running and I can't help but be suspicious as to hidden reasons. Really, the only programs that I know of (excluding system processes) that run without the user knowing are keyloggers and viruses/trojans which I know are completely against AutoIt policy...

Just my 2 cents.

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

To automate windows that are hidden or minimized you must use controlclick() and the like and not Send()

I've seen many posts asking on how to hide this or that while it's running and I can't help but be suspicious as to hidden reasons. Really, the only programs that I know of (excluding system processes) that run without the user knowing are keyloggers and viruses/trojans which I know are completely against AutoIt policy...

Just my 2 cents.

I understand your concern, but my question is legitimate. I have been asked by our WAN group to script the wireless card changes, and I am not a scripter, so autoit seemed like the perfect answer until I found I couldn't hide the exe. We needed this to run in a computer startup script.

Under the Configuration for the Wireless Network Connection Properties on the Advanced Tab, I need to change the Disable Upon Wired Connect, IBSS Allowed, Mange Wiresless Settings, Minimum Power Consumption and Power Save Mode settings from the vendor defaults.

WMI cannot get to these settings and a VB or batch script would involve a lot of scripting

Using a tool like Regshot, see if it changes certain registry settings, then you can simply change the registry settings.