pixelsearch a minimized program

Keaft

So recently I have been making a bot, and currently whenever it runs, it pretty much takes control of your computer. I've been trying to come up with ways to prevent that.

Clearly, the control functions would help so it doesn't keep taking over the mouse, but I would also like it to be able to run even when the window isn't visible (it uses pixelsearch/checksum/getcolor). The goal here is to make it so that the user can use their computer normally while the bot is running.

Is there any possible way to do this? I understand that the window has to be visible, but is there any way to 'bend' the rules? I've tried to put the window off the edge of the screen, but it seems like it doesn't detect the pixels correctly then (no big surprise). Has this been discussed before, and if so, is it possible?

Basically what he said.

Basically what I said:

I want to be able to pixelsearch a minimized or inactive program.

Then I want it to click the pixel it found.

I know that Controlclick will work for the clicking, but is there something like Controlpixelsearch?

• Moderators

You always get what you want? Better yet, ever use the search feature or read the comments of threads you quote?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Keaft, if you ever use the report feature on this forum again I'm going to ban you indefinitely. Reporting a moderator (who is right, by the way) is about the stupidest thing you could do. Really? What am I going to do? Ban a moderator just because he wasn't in the mood to deal with somebody who asked a question that's been answered a million and three times? Be thankful you're even here at all at this point. I'm actually not sure what's wrong with me and why I'm not removing you.