Pls help with PULONG

CHAFF

Hello everyone,

I've searched for this issue but can only come up with that Autoit Can't support PULONG types. I'm trying to rewrite the following line in Autoit.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Original:

Function CH341GetInput(iIndex:cardinal; iStatus:PULONG ):boolean;Stdcall; external'CH341DLL.DLL';

Autoit:

$dll = DllOpen("C:\Windows\system32\CH341DLL.DLL")

DllCall($dll, "none", "CH341SetOutput","ULONG", 0, "??????",?????)

many thanks in advance.

Hello everyone,

I've searched for this issue but can only come up with that Autoit Can't support PULONG types. I'm trying to rewrite the following line in Autoit.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Original:

Function CH341GetInput(iIndex:cardinal; iStatus:PULONG ):boolean;Stdcall; external'CH341DLL.DLL';

Autoit:

DllCall($dll, "none", "CH341SetOutput","ULONG", 0, "??????",?????)

many thanks in advance.

That's a pointer to a ULONG, and the return type looks like "boolean" to me, so try:
$tULong = DllStructCreate("ulong")
$pULong = DllStructGetPtr($tULong)
$avRET = DllCall($dll, "int", "CH341SetOutput","ULONG", 0, "ptr", $pULong)

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

hmmm, this is what I get with with this and SciTE4AutoIt3 Version 1.71:

autoit3.exe

Error signature

AppName: autoit3.exe AppVer: 3.2.10.0 ModName: unknown

ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00000000

Well, in the OP you gave the definition for "CH341GetInput", but in the code I copied you put "CH341SetOutput". Which is it? Where are the function definitions coming from?

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Hi PsaltyDS

Sorry about that, yes you are right, it does run clean now but I'm expecting some type of result from this function and I don't seem to get anything out. Is there any chance that this original code should pass anything back?

This code now seems to run clean:

$result = DllCall($dll, "", "CH341GetInput","ULONG", 0, "ptr", $pULong)

MsgBox(0,"",$result)

Well, in the OP you gave the definition for "CH341GetInput", but in the code I copied you put "CH341SetOutput". Which is it? Where are the function definitions coming from?

Hi PsaltyDS

Sorry about that, yes you are right, it does run clean now but I'm expecting some type of result from this function and I don't seem to get anything out. Is there any chance that this original code should pass anything back?

This code now seems to run clean:

$result = DllCall($dll, "", "CH341GetInput","ULONG", 0, "ptr", $pULong)

MsgBox(0,"",$result)

The $result is an array. So the boolean is in $result[0]. The "GetInput" you wanted is probably in the struct $tULong that you passed the pointer to.

You betcha it was right in $tULong[0][0]

Awesome, thanks very much for your help. I'll be posting my code soon when its done.

thx

-L

Code to what? What is this CH341DLL.DLL?

• 2 weeks later...