Processor detection

I am looking to write a script to check if a machine has an Intel / AMD processor and I havent a clue how to get this information. I will be looking to add this into my sysprep scripts to allow my image to disable / reenable the IntelPPM service depending on if there is an Intel / AMD processor in the machine.

Any help greatly appreciated ..

Many thanks

Search 4tw! :)

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34379&st=0&p=250629&hl=detect%20processor%20type&fromsearch=1&#entry250629

Generally its a good idea to thoroughly check the example scripts forum. More than likely, someone has done something that matches your needs.

I am looking to write a script to check if a machine has an Intel / AMD processor and I havent a clue how to get this information. I will be looking to add this into my sysprep scripts to allow my image to disable / reenable the IntelPPM service depending on if there is an Intel / AMD processor in the machine.

Any help greatly appreciated ..

Many thanks

I'm curious what you are doing. I've run into the "disable IntellPPM" problem a lot when I have to replace hardware (motherboard/processor) on dead computers. It'd be great to have an automated system to avoid this problem.

Hope you find what you are looking for

John Morrison

AKA

Storm-E