Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cusem

Virtual List-View GetText

3 posts in this topic

The list-view data is managed by the program itself (it has LVS_OWNERDATA set). That means data is not stored or accessed in the standard way. There is a second, different way to access the data and the code you are using does not try the alternate way. The control is what's called a "Virtual List-View" and you can find information on MSDN for how to work with it.

I'm trying to automate TrueCrypt, but I'm unable to get the text from it's listviews. Figure What Malik stated is the cause of this. I did find info on MSDN on virtual list-views but to be honest it's all swahili to me.

Anybody got some info on this "alternate way" or how to get text from virtual-listviews?

Code I'm using right now which isn't able to retrieve text (but is able to retrieve itemcount, selected item etc.)

ControlListview("TrueCrypt", "&Create Volume", "SysListView321", "GetText", 3, 1)

for $subitem I tried all subitem values.

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Did you try something like this?

#Include <Array.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>
$hControl = ControlGetHandle ("TrueCrypt", "", "SysListView321"); Obviously you'll put the info from the AU3Info tool for the list view in this command
$aLView = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemTextArray($hControl) ; Assuming you have an item selected
_ArrayDisplay ($aLView)

MsgBox (0, "Item Count", _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($hControl))

Oh, and you double-posted, please delete the duplicate post.

Edited by exodius

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Hadn't tried it yet, but I did now.

Unfortunately an $array[6], with no values (except for $array[0] = 5 ofcourse).

Edited by Cusem