Send the results of each commands to file

AvN

Hi there,

I am having a real problem here since yesterday.

I wrote a program to open cmd.exe. When this is opened I will use telnet to connect to a device.

When the connection is made, I am sending a series of command. Each command should output couple of lines. And I am suppose to save those line in a separate file. My problem is how to read those line from cmd.exe window and send them to the file that I create.

Here is what I tried:

$logFile =("C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\log\logfile.txt")

Run ("C:\WINNT\system32\CMD") ;opening cmd

WinWaitActive ("C:\WINNT\system32\CMD.exe")

sleep(1000)

Send ("telnet 100.03.100.21{enter}") ; connecting via telnet

Sleep (2000)

WinWait ("C:\WINNT\system32\CMD.exe - telnet 100.03.100.21"); wait until connection is made

_FileWriteLog($logFile, "Testing Start Here") ; creating a log file

sleep (500)

Send ("< shared/vx_dvt.sh{enter}"); send first command to communicate with the device

Sleep (2000)

Send ("DVT_PRO_Menu{enter}") ; sending another command to get the menu from the device

sleep (4000)

Send ("32{enter}") ; another command

Sleep (2000)

send ("4000{enter}") ; another command

Sleep(2000)

Send ("42{enter}") ; another command

Sleep (2000)

Send ("30{enter}") ; another command

Sleep (2000)

Now, my real problem is how to take what each command is giving me and send it to the file created, logFile? for example by sending 32 or 42, this gives me couple of lines. Example send ("32{enter}") will say: Ther required temperature at this level is 50 degree. Now how to save those words in my logFile?

Thank you for your help.

• 3 weeks later...

StdoutRead is what you are looking for. The help file has a great example.

I also made an example here http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=103447&st=0&p=733083&#entry733083

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]