writing a kvm switch program

I have 2 computers hooked up to 1 monitor, instead of going into monitor settings I was wondering if I could throw together a program that is always running and starts on boot up (that's easy) where I can set a hot key such as scroll lock+1(main comp) scroll lock+2(alt comp) and it does the work for me. This would be very very similar to a KVM switch that you can buy only through a program rather than a physical device. Any help or thoughts on this? I would write an example script but I don't know where to begin. Thanks for any help =)

That would depend entirely on the driver for that monitor having a scriptable interface or a DLL you could call to programatically switch inputs.

So, what makes you think it has one?

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Well if it's a driver it has to have ioctl commands. That's how drivers communicate with applications.

Yes, and since controlling the monitor's input selection is not going to be a native Win32 kernel built-in call, you would have to find applicable documentation of the monitor driver's available interfaces to know what call to make. At least, that was my interpretation...

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law