Problems disabling UAC in WIndows 7

Norsak

I have written a couple of AutoIt script to help with workstation configuration.

I am now starting to build my scripts to make Windows 7 "usable".

First hurdle: I want to deactivate UAC.

I tried to just update the registry, but that didn't work.

So I figure I'll use AutoIt to mimic the actions a user would do.

Problem:

As soon as I activate the "User Account Control Settings" window,

I loose the ability to send keystrokes or move the mouse with AutoIt.

Also tried ControlClick.

As soon as the script activates another window, everything works as normal.

So did M$ seriously write code to prevent this action?

If so, thier efforts are bound to be in vain. Anyone got any ideas how to defeat this 'safe guard'?

Using Windows 7 64bit OEM

Autoit v3.3

UAC was created to prevent malware from gaining control of the system. Posting a way to subvert it would do way more harm than good. Mods, can we lock this?

Edited by P5ych0Gigabyte
HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

All I have to say is duh, of course Microsoft prevented this sort of thing. It'd be kind of daft of them to tout this big new security feature and then allow it to be programmatically disabled via simple input automation, now wouldn't it?

I'm locking this thread, not because of what P5ych0Gigabyte said but because it's already answered on the forum.

P5ych0Gigabyte, think about it for a second. A program can't disable UAC unless that program is running with administrative rights already. In other words, if somebody is stupid enough to let the program run in the first place they have already relinquished full system access so at that point disabling UAC or not is a moot point.