Is there no way to avoid UAC hell without disabling it?

Jdop

I know this has been discussed, but I'm going to ask again just so I understand how awful this implementation is.

Windows7 X64.

All I want to do is run an au3 file and not be hassled by UAC on execution.

I tried compiling it, running off of batch files, using run as admin, and elevating all permissions to full.

The account I'm using has Admin status.

Nothing is preventing the UAC unknown publisher prompt from appearing. So with UAC enabled are we forced to click through every time a script is run??

Edited by Jdop

Yes you are forced to. UAC is a security feature. If programs could disable it, it wouldn't be secure. Don't try getting around it. It will fail.

What we need is a secure way to flag a program as trusted that can't be 'gamed' by a trojan.

You mean to tell me everyone running scripts here is clicking twice to run them?

Eventually I will probably turn UAC off, we'll see how much of this I can take.

The only way to have your program not flagged as unknown is getting it signed, which is not free. In Vista I hated UAC too, but comparatively, it wastes very little time: it's safe to say 99% of most people key presses are from actually using the programs, and only a small percentage comes from opening them.

What you can do is trying to do as much work as possible in your script without needing administrative privileges: you'll only get the UAC prompt in the moment the changes will be made.