Read Combobox on change

EndFunc

Ok I have a combobox that is populated by values in an Ini file. I have the drop show all the values that I want. What I want to do is when it is changed to another value to do something else.

I know you can probably do Guictrlread but I don't want it constantly reading that ctrl the whole time the app is open. Is there any other way to do this that is efficient?

TIA

To clarify, I don't want a button to excute the option. I want it done when I select the option.

Edited by EndFunc
EndFuncAutoIt is the shiznit. I love it.

Ok I have a combobox that is populated by values in an Ini file. I have the drop show all the values that I want. What I want to do is when it is changed to another value to do something else.

I know you can probably do Guictrlread but I don't want it constantly reading that ctrl the whole time the app is open. Is there any other way to do this that is efficient?

TIA

All you need to do is to respond to the event. If you are not using OnEvent mode then in your message loop have something like

$msg = GuiGetMsg()
 Switch $msg
 Case $GUI_EVENT_EXIT
    exit
 Case $Combo1
 ;the selection has been set
 ; do something, but it might not have been changed
EndSwitch

If in OnEvent mode just GuiCtrlRegister($combo1,"combosetfunc")

EDIT:typo

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

All you need to do is to respond to the event. If you are not using OnEvent mode then in your message loop have something like

$msg = GuiGetMsg()
 Switch $msg
 Case $GUI_EVENT_EXIT
    exit
 Case $Combo1
EndSwitch

Sweet, I learn something everyday. I didn't like the constant polling and didn't realize OnEvent was available. I will look at that. Thanks

$msg = GuiGetMsg()
 Switch $msg
 Case $GUI_EVENT_EXIT
    exit
 Case $Combo1
EndSwitch

I dont see a command GuiCtrlRegister. Were you talking about GUICtrlSetOnEvent?

I dont see a command GuiCtrlRegister. Were you talking about GUICtrlSetOnEvent?

Yes, I meant GuiCtrlSetOnEvent. I have a faulty thought to word translator :)

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.