Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Keltset

General question on debugging a script

4 posts in this topic

I have a script that I have been working on thats for doing lots of different tasks that I do all the time (Things like, check my farmville farm and see if theres anything I need to do, open notepad, launch a game etc.. open programs needed to publish to my website... etc.. this is all done via a small gui window that act's as a more advanced desktop basically.)

The problem that I am having is that the script seems to 'hang' for some reason from time to time and of course I first check to see if its blinking with an X over the icon(in-case I paused it) and I am forced to restart my script from time to time.

What I am looking for is a way to see where my script is WHILE its running... Is there a debug tool or something I can do to show me something like what line its on at the given moment, or what command its on or something... The best would be a way to see what line the script is on while its actively running..

I have used AutoIt before but only for stupid simple stuff and as I delve further into using its huge capabilities I find that debugging when no error exists can be, difficult at best...

Thanks for the help in advance my friends,

Keltset

-K

Hi Keltset,

TrayIconDebug - If enabled shows the current script line in the tray icon tip to help debugging.

0 = no debug information (default)

1 = show debug

Untested, hope it helps you.

John

Awesome thank you works really good!!

-K

There are many debuggers (search the forum), including mine AutoIt Graphical Debugger

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.