JScript

I haven't had time to test, I know, I'm sorry. With help from the Dangerous Minds ([D$S] group; specifically TheFatherMind), I now have a JScript for MD5 hashing, I just need to know if AutoIt works with JScript now just like VBScript.

Attached text file is the JScript document.

md5.txt

Edited by MSLx Fanboy

Writing AutoIt scripts since

_DateAdd("d", -2, _NowCalcDate())

Correction in terminology and possibly understanding:

AutoIt doesn't "handle" VBScript (or JScript). The main feature that stands out in those two scripting languages is the ability to instantiate COM objects. What you mostly see in VBS is creating a COM object and accessing properties/methods on it. Syntactically, this is almost identical in VBS and AutoIt, however, to say that AutoIt handles VBS because it shares a common feature is absurd.

In other words, COM != VBS. VBS uses COM, but COM is something completely separate than VBS. The portions of code using a COM object are going to look very similar no matter what language you are using. This does not mean that any of these languages are related in any way or that one language is capable of "handling" the other.

I haven't had time to test, I know, I'm sorry.  With help from the Dangerous Minds ([D$S] group; specifically TheFatherMind), I now have a JScript for MD5 hashing, I just need to know if AutoIt works with JScript now just like VBScript.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You should be able to convert the MD5 functions to AutoIT. The only COM bit I see is the Popup function.

• 10 months later...

I haven't had time to test, I know, I'm sorry. With help from the Dangerous Minds ([D$S] group; specifically TheFatherMind), I now have a JScript for MD5 hashing, I just need to know if AutoIt works with JScript now just like VBScript.

You know you are helping a lot of people when you visit a forum and find that some one has plugged your name and your group.

• Moderators

You know you are helping a lot of people when you visit a forum and find that some one has plugged your name and your group.

No offense, but what the hell are you talking about?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

No offense, but what the hell are you talking about?

Well, assuming you didn't look at his signature and assuming his signature is correct, Master Merlin Kull Kirkpatrick just wandered into the AutoIt forum and saw he was being given credit for helping somebody do something.

Holy shit! Is this guy full of himself or what! This appears to be a great beginning to a fringe cult. Why don't you guys all dress alike with matching sneakers and chase spaceships. If your goal in helping people is to be the exaluted grand pubah and accumulate attaboys, you're really not helping anyone, especialy us in this forum.

Somebody had to say it! :)