Recipe Downloader-Lag issue

gnorris

I actually got help before with this script and have gotten it to the point of functioning but, after a few times through the loop it starts lagging and gets messed up.

Any suggestions? The script is as follows:

#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoIt Version: 3.3.0.0

Author: myName

Script Function:

Template AutoIt script.

#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Script Start - Add your code below here

AutoItSetOption ("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)

Global $n

$n=0

while 1=1

WinWaitActive ("Firefox")

sleep (20)

send ("{ENTER}")

sleep (10000)

send ("^p")

;first section done, goes to print.

sleep (2000)

send ("{ENTER}")

sleep (5000)

$n=$n+1

send ("Recipe ")

send ($n)

send ("{ENTER}")

sleep (20000)

WinKill ("Nitro PDF Professional")

sleep (5000)

send ("^\")

send ("{DEL}")

wend

My sys specs are:

OS: Win 7 Professional 32-bit (got it for free and legally but don't have 64-bit copy)

Computer Model: Toshiba Satellite L355D-S7901

Processor: AMD Turion X2 2.01GHZ (I think)

RAM: 3 GB

Ready Boost: Yes-about 1.5 Gigs off an SD card

FireWall: Comodo (the free version without antivirus)

AntiVirus: Malwarebytes (free version so it doesn't affect the power in this case)

Gadgets: Not Shown (believe that also means they aren't running)

Edit: Forgot to mention please email me answers my address is gregoryrnorris extension @yahoo.com (Avoiding spam bots wherever possible)

Edited by gnorris

...@yahoo.com (Avoiding spam bots wherever possible)

By posting your address on a scripting forum?! ;)

You need to look into better timing than just the blind Sleep() functions. Automation with IE would be easier because you can use the IE.au3 UDF _IE* functions. There is an automation UDF for Firefox, but it requires installing a particular plug-in first (search for FF.au3 if you're interested).

:)

P.S. If the file URL is consistently named, you might get the files with INetGet() and avoid the browser altogether.

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

By posting your address on a scripting forum?! ;)

You need to look into better timing than just the blind Sleep() functions. Automation with IE would be easier because you can use the IE.au3 UDF _IE* functions. There is an automation UDF for Firefox, but it requires installing a particular plug-in first (search for FF.au3 if you're interested).

:)

P.S. If the file URL is consistently named, you might get the files with INetGet() and avoid the browser altogether.

I decided to try FF.au3 and made some progress (I found the newest code and compiled it as FF.au3) but, I'm not really sure what to do from there. I think all I really need to make my recipe downloader work is a page load wait (wait for the web page to load) or something like that. I really prefer to stick with firefox due to the fact that: it's what I'm used to, it's what I set my script up for, and it's a heck of a lot safer/faster then IE.

EDITED 1 time: Fixed wording error.

If by file URL you were referring to the title of the web page then no, it's not consistently named. I actually had another thread going that resolved my issues with that (PartialTitleMatch).

Also, since I've not responded to it already. Although this is a scripting forum most spam bots simply search a forum (no matter the type) and search for a solid email URL. So long as there's no human involvement the likelihood of my email being discovered is severely reduced by simply separating my email like that.

Edited by gnorris