Sign in to follow this  
MMcBrine

Need help with a Console Application

MMcBrine

Hi All,

I have been all over the forms trying to solve a SIMPLE problem. I have a console application that needs to have the user enter a path from the console window during run time, and not passed to the script at the command line...

Any thought...

--Mike

Juvigy

Shouldnt a simple "inputbox" do the trick?

MisterC

Hi All,

I have been all over the forms trying to solve a SIMPLE problem. I have a console application that needs to have the user enter a path from the console window during run time, and not passed to the script at the command line...

Any thought...

--Mike

You mean like someone enters a path in a autoit input field, presses enter and the string is send

to the console. But the console is @ the command line while the data should go to a other field or

menu item ?

Edited by MisterC

MMcBrine

You mean like someone enters a path in a autoit input field, presses enter and the string is send

to the console. But the console is @ the command line while the data should go to a other field or

menu item ?

I have a script that is run from the Command Console window, it preforms a few task and then promts for a path to write out some information. what I am trying to figure out is how to have the console application pause and read the information the the user enters. I beleive and I could be wrong but the inputbox is for a GUI interface, and I am trying to get away from the gui..

Thanks

--Mike

Mobius

Hi MMcBrine,

You could give my command shell dll's a try here or this very nice alternative might interest you here

Edited by Mobius

Juvigy

Inputbox is what you need. It is not for GUI only.Just put it in your script and that is it.

MMcBrine

Thanks a bunch to everyone that tossed their ideas out, Mobius, the info worked like a charm.

--Mike

Hi MMcBrine,

You could give my command shell dll's a try here or this very nice alternative might interest you here