Project One Click

stinson6016

Project One Click was an idea I had for work. I have to set up multiple computers the exact same way at the same time. In order to save time and allow me to get done faster I wanted to do the same thing on all the computers at the same time.

On the server computer all mouse movements, clicks, and most key clicks are sent to the clients (echoers). I have tried to keep the program as small as possible but to put what I could into the program.

On the server 'Ctrl BS' will exit out of the program, 'Ctrl 1' will reposition the active window on all the clients (echoers) to the position on the server, and 'Ctrl 2' will pause the broadcast from the server to the clients (echoers).

The client program is called echoer all it does is take in commands from the server and echo what was done. To exit out of the echoer 'Ctrl End' or close the server.

I through in another program for good charm called settings. It makes editing the ini file easier. The port to the server, the port to the echoer, and the server name. For me I do need to use different ports when doing different setups at the same time (setting up pc's and laptops).

Gnatwork Networks

Just observation...

#1 great idea, code looks good

#2 settings needs a TCPShutDown()

#3 The "mouse event UDF" needs "returns" at the end of two of the functions

#4 For "Echoer.au3", unless help is incorrect

UDPStartup() is just an alias of TCPStartup().

??

#5 in "server.au3" syntax error

WARNING: $num possibly not declared/created yet

... Just helpful constructive comments... :)

8)

8)

NEWHeader1.png

#1 great idea, code looks good

#2 settings needs a TCPShutDown()

#3 The "mouse event UDF" needs "returns" at the end of two of the functions

#4 For "Echoer.au3", unless help is incorrect

UDPStartup() is just an alias of TCPStartup().

??

#5 in "server.au3" syntax error

WARNING: $num possibly not declared/created yet

#1 Thank you, I spent extra time trying to make it as clean as posible

#2 You are so right, I just wrote the settings script right before I posted the code :)

#3 The mouse event udf (mousesetonevent_udf.au3) is Sandler's older version (1.3) didn't look to much into that udf, if that's what you are talking about he has a newer version out that should also do the mouse wheel up and down, I just havn't got that far, I had this version on hand

#4 You are so right about the tcpstartup alias, I forgot about that, I added the TCP part later to return the IP adress for the computer name and didn't think about that, oops

#5 you would think that I have it to declare vars and my system never popped up on that one? how odd is that?

On my computer I have the network functions, mouse functions, and hotkey setup in there own .au3 script because I get turned around to easy, for the post I just put them in one file (server.au3) to make it easier for first look.

Thank you very much on the comment, as I typed this I was fixing my script

Starting this week I've been using this at work and it's saving my alot of time

I forgot to mention this that I seem to have strange buggs:

- when typing in notepad, on the local computer if you used right shift it would not release until I hit left shift (hints the extra sending of shift keys)

- just today I was typing in a search in google and when I hit the down key on the server it did a double down only on the server and a single down on the echoer, any ideas?

Edited by stinson6016

Gnatwork Networks