Sign in to follow this  
feeney

Using IE UDF from C#

feeney

Hi,

i was wondering if anyone knows how to call an instance of $ie = _IECreate / _IENavigate from C# to Autoit as the functionality is not contained in the DLL, its contained in a serperate UDF called IE.au3.

Essentially what im trying to do is access all the functions in IE.au3 from C#???

What is the best way or how do i create IE.au3 into a DLL so then i can use it in C#?

Thankyou

Richard Robertson

Doesn't work that way.

Also, turning IE.au3 into a dll won't happen.

In System.Windows.Forms is a control called WebBrowser. Use that. It's exactly the same thing but it's part of the framework and typesafe and all that fun stuff.

Juvigy

You can make Executable via AutoIT doing what you need with IE.UDF and then run it with parameters from C#

jvanegmond

Doesn't work that way.

Also, turning IE.au3 into a dll won't happen.

In System.Windows.Forms is a control called WebBrowser. Use that. It's exactly the same thing but it's part of the framework and typesafe and all that fun stuff.

I agree with what Richard said. You're not going to cheat your way out of learning how to do this in .NET.. But don't worry, it's pretty straight forward and since you already know the IE DOM a little it won't be hard.

In System.Windows.Controls is a WPF compatible WebBrowser.