script in all users\startup

JeromeC

Hi all,

I'm using autoit a first time to create a script to force all IE7 settings in all users of all computers.

For that I've created a script to modify all registry key and copy the script in all computers in all users\startup menu, but in some computers the registry keys is not modified.

We suspect that some services are not ready to write correctly in the registry.

Does someone have encountered this problem to ?

Thanks in advance for any help

Thanks for your reply

We already use a proxy pac automatique configuration, but we have many site with many language and around 20 different proxy, that why I'm using a generic IE7 lan setup and apply all settings directly in the registry.

It's easier to modify one AU3 script than regenerate more than 20 IE7 setup file with IEAK.

It works perfectly when I launch the script manually in an oponed session, but on some few computers it doesnt work at login script .

Thanks for your reply

We already use a proxy pac automatique configuration, but we have many site with many language and around 20 different proxy, that why I'm using a generic IE7 lan setup and apply all settings directly in the registry.

It's easier to modify one AU3 script than regenerate more than 20 IE7 setup file with IEAK.

It works perfectly when I launch the script manually in an oponed session, but on some few computers it doesnt work at login script .

Hi,

maybe your script is starting, before HKCurrentUser reghive is loaded completely.

For debugging i would test:

$regreturn = 0
$count = 0
While $regreturn = 0 And $count < 10 ; try 50 sec to write regkey
    $regreturn = RegWrite (......)
    If @error Then MsgBox (0,"Error", @error) ; What kind of error, you may change to If @error And $count = 9 Then...
    sleep (5000)
    $count += 1
WEnd

at least:

$regreturn = RegWrite (....)

If @error Then MsgBox (0,"Error", @error)

;-))

Stefan