Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xait

Running parameters for external programs

6 posts in this topic

Hi.

I have a script that is basicly a teamspeak launcher. I choose a server and it connects to the server, at the moment it works by using mouse movements after teamspeak.exe is run. How can I add parameters to the run command so I can make it auto login on launch. so It would look something like Run("c:\program files\teamspeak\teamspeak.exe "192.168.1.1?mylogin?mypassword?channelname"") I tried that but when I put it in double double, double quotes it chucks out an error at me.

What do I have to do to make it work? :-)

Thanks Wez

from the manual:

You can mix quote types to make for easier working and to avoid having to double-up your quotes to get what you want. For example if you want to use a lot of double-quotes in your strings then you should use single-quotes for declaring them:

'This "sentence" contains "lots" of "double-quotes" does it not?'

regards hxhjx

For me, that gets confusing to look at. What I do is I split up the string into segments. Like this:

MsgBox(0, "", '"' & "Double Quotes" & '"')

I just think it's easier to look at and visualize.

[font="Verdana"] [size="2"]"[/size][/font]Failure is not an option -- it comes packaged with Windows"[font="Verdana"][size="2"] Gecko Web Browser[/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"], [/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"]Yahtzee![/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"], Toolbar Launcher (like RocketDock)[/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"]Internet Blocker, Simple Calculator, Local Weather, Easy GDI+ GUI [/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"]Triangle Solver, TCP File Transfer, [/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"]Valuater's Autoit Wrappers[/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="3"][size="2"][size="2"]OOP In AutoIt[/size][/size][/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"][size="1"]Using Windows XP SP3, 1GB RAM, AMD Athlon Processor @ 2.1 GHzCheck me out at gadgets.freehostrocket.com[/size][/size][/font]

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

well its not that complicated. in this particular case it would be:

Run('c:\program files\teamspeak\teamspeak.exe "192.168.1.1?mylogin?mypassword?channelname"')

regards hxhjx

Edited by hxhjx

Just a suggestion for future use. It is more useful when the quotes are in the middle of the string.

[font="Verdana"] [size="2"]"[/size][/font]Failure is not an option -- it comes packaged with Windows"[font="Verdana"][size="2"] Gecko Web Browser[/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"], [/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"]Yahtzee![/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"], Toolbar Launcher (like RocketDock)[/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"]Internet Blocker, Simple Calculator, Local Weather, Easy GDI+ GUI [/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"]Triangle Solver, TCP File Transfer, [/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"]Valuater's Autoit Wrappers[/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="3"][size="2"][size="2"]OOP In AutoIt[/size][/size][/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"][size="1"]Using Windows XP SP3, 1GB RAM, AMD Athlon Processor @ 2.1 GHzCheck me out at gadgets.freehostrocket.com[/size][/size][/font]

Thanks for the help people (Y)