Will AutoIt help me with the following issue I have

Hi All, I'm new here and I hope I'm posting in the right place.

problem: I'm looking for a way to be able to automate a GUI test most importantly through a browser IE or FF. I'm trying to automate certain actions performed on a site, I would like to be able to login to a site, record though stopwatch feature (which I've seen examples here) how long it takes to load a page, not only login but clicking and displaying new pages and refreshing. All of this needs to be measured, also interested in being able to enter data on forms through those sites, say click on a form open a java script form and enter data in set of fields. again at all times measuring GUI time to render the page fully. An extra feature I'm also looking for is to record the amount of memory that is being used by the browser and that javascript.

This is all part of an effort to measure performance and utilization from GUI terminals for softwares and we would like to automate the process of this testing.

I was wondering if AutoIt is capable of helping in such an effort, I'm new to AutoIt a friend told me about it for a different project, so I was wondering if it could be beneficial for this case.

Goal:

1. automate actions on a site

2. measure rendering time for different pages

3. enter data on java script forms

4. measure CPU utilization perhaps

5. measure Java memory being used

6. capable of handling pop-up windows

Thank you and I hope you can help

Welcome fadynaime :)

All looks possible to me.

The _IE* functions cover most of what you need.

TimerInit and TimerDiff will probably be all you need for the timer functions.

Popup windows can be dealt with in various ways. One good way is using shell hooking which can notify you whenever a new window is created.

The forum has good searching capabilities so for example, searching for +process+memory brought up this.

Plus of course the forum has very good support. I know very little about the _IE functions but there are plenty who do.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.