How to start a Unix script with AutoIt (from Windows)

Bram

Hi,

I would like to create a AutoIt script with a GUI to start some Unix scripts.

Therefore I would like to now if it's possible to let an AutoIt script running under Windows to start a script on a Unix (HPUX) machine?

Does anyone have experience with this interaction?

thx!

grtz, bram

Script part aside:

How do you start a script on Unix from Windows?

With the command prompt in a Reflexion session.

(But i would like to start a script teminal-less)

Edited by Bram

I ment terminal-window-less...

I would like to simplify some recurrent ad-hoc tasks in Unix with a GUI.

But since we're working with a Citrix environment, I don't want to be dependent on some weird windows issues (in a terminal session)..

That's why I would like to sens some Unix commands directly to one of our Unix machines. And these commands are generated with an AutoIt script based on de input in the AutoIt GUI.

legitimate enough? :)

Your question was always legitimate. :)

The problem lies in how your Unix machine accepts new commands. The problem was earlier in how your machine listens for the commands. In your case it already does that through a terminal session, this saves us trouble because programming a custom solution in AutoIt for Linux is not an option.

There are some cases already of people automating a terminal application. I thought I'd make it a bit easier for you and found one here: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12308&view=findpost&p=143495 .. I can't say much about this one, there may be better ones.

to my knowledge it will accept UNC paths as well (i can't test this, and windows explorer does accept UNC pathnames) allowing you to run any program on the network, on the local machine however; though from the latest posts i suggest you look into communicating with the unix machine over TCP, though autoit itself can not be run on unix as it was designed for windows automation and is embedded with only windows information

Hi,

You could use reflection to build basic-scripts. Where you let an autoit script start a reflection session and start a reflectionbasic script (via commandline).

And perhaps there's more information for using a telnet session with autoit.

• 2 years later...

I managed to communicate with our Unix servers by using plink(found a wrapper on this forum); works like a charm.

(Accidently found this tread again; I thought it would be nice to let the world know that I found what I needed)

Edited by Bram