Sign in to follow this  

WiFi auto config gui

I have some excellent code from another poster (MattyD I believe) that works well for automatically configuring wireless on XP workstations:

#include "Native_Wifi_Func_V2_2.au3"

$XMLProfile = FileRead("profile.xml")
$hClientHandle = _Wlan_OpenHandle()
$Enum = _Wlan_EnumInterfaces($hClientHandle)
$pGUID = $Enum[0][0]

$a_iCall = DllCall($WLANAPIDLL, "dword", "WlanSetProfile", "hwnd", $hClientHandle, "ptr", $pGUID, "dword", 0, "wstr", $XMLProfile, "ptr", 0, "int", 1, "ptr", 0, "dword*", 0)
ConsoleWrite("Call Error: " & @error & @LF)

I would like to expand on this code, and integrate it into a gui that will allow the user to select from several ssid's (drop down list maybe?) then chose that one and have it automatically configure the wireless settings. I will have several preconfigured xml files, a separate xml profile for each ssid. I would also like to include the xml files into the build if possible, I don't want to have separate files, all just one exe.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Pretty straight-forward IMO: Your combo need to change the name of the xml profile to be read based of whatever is selected; everything else stays the same.

Put everything (except the #Include of course :)) in a function. The argument needed to be passed to this function is the xml profile.

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)