need help generating a list

Sarc

• Developers

if u mean the code that i wrote looping the array mesages then i dont see anything wrong...?

sure, i havent used this "complex" a level of autoit before but the experience i've had from vb and some C/C++ it looks fine so im confused as to what you mean

EDIT:

have now annotated the code

for $a = 1 to $oCount;says that it will loop from 1 to $OCount and $OCount has been the maximum number from the combo's generated
msgbox(1,"Array",$output[$a]);sends a msgbox for the current loop's array
$a = $a+1;increments the value of a$ as to make it closer towards $OCount
Next; goes back to the start of the for loop to do it again

hmm..?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sarc, did you try the code ?

Run your own example (a bit changed and see what it does:

for $a = 1 to 10
msgbox(1,"$a",$a)
$a = $a+1
Next

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

it increments every other number.....

1 3 5 7... etc

k so maybe AutoIT isnt the same as standard programming and all it wud need is

for $a = 1 to 10
msgbox(1,"$a",$a)
Next

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am pretty sure that all Basic flavours i know all would show the same result... Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I am pretty sure that all Basic flavours i know all would show the same result...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

in VISUAL BASIC at least, you have to increment it your self... A=A+1 etc,,, therefore i thought for auto it it would be the same

anyhow

as for understanding your code that you posted, i annotated the stuff that i cud do but the rest i would appreciate some explain pls?

i'm fully grateful for your help btw, incase i havent already said :)

• Developers

in VISUAL BASIC at least, you have to increment it your self... A=A+1 etc,,, therefore i thought for auto it it would be the same

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope .... For Var = 1 to 10 will Auto increment Var with every loop also in VB 100% sure.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

VB hasauto-increment, however ive written programs before wher i've needed to increment it (without it it didnt work) anyway thats not the point.

the point is you said to understand your code, so to the best? of my ability i've deciphered what i can in one of the above posts and i dont think i'm going to understand the rest until it's explained... could u mind doing that for me? maybe if i understand your code i wont have to keep asking questions.... but maybe i will

• Developers

JdeB can you answer please? the part of your script that i didnt understand swud b good to know what it means, thx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Answer to which question? don't understand what you are asking.....

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.