Virtual Com Ports / Port Mirroring

Ghost21

Is it Possible in autoit ? If so can someone point me in the right direction...

What I have right now is Com port 1 is Open by a program . I can't send data to it as access is denied.

What I can do is use a crazy expensive program to create a Virtual com port 4 and then hook to that port

then in I can send data to it and it passes it back and forth to the com 1 and 4 ???

PLEASE HELP ;)

Any more love anyone ???

Why do you want to send data to a port which is being used by another application?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Because its normally reading data from a Hardware Com port and I want to get rid of that and make go through the network. I have the whole thing working but I have to buy software to do it... I would much rather have it all though Autoit...

Is it Possible in autoit ? If so can someone point me in the right direction...

What I have right now is Com port 1 is Open by a program . I can't send data to it as access is denied.

What I can do is use a crazy expensive program to create a Virtual com port 4 and then hook to that port

then in I can send data to it and it passes it back and forth to the com 1 and 4 ???

PLEASE HELP ;)

is this the sort of thing you are looking for?

Any chance your port udf can do Overlapped ports ????

The only way you could do it with my udf would be to get a usb to serial converter, so that the COM port was connected back to a USB port. Then anything recieved on the virtual COM port could be sent wherever and anything received via TCPIP could be sent to the Virtual COM port.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Is there any way that I can do this without using a Hardware solution. The Virtual Serial Port Kit at www.fabulatech.com makes this software which does Overlapped Com ports. So even if the Com port has a death grip on it you can still clone the port and send data to the cloned port then it passes that to the other port...I would love to find a autoit solution for this...