Is this a problem on my PC or does it happen to all?

Illuma

Hi, When using the SciTE4AutoIt3 IDE one problem I just found is when I run a piece of code (tools GO) then stop it, sometimes it can remain resident hidden in my system tray, then if I change the program and re run the code it's exactly as if the changes I made have not been done? This was a big pain for a while until I sussed what was happening as I could have had good code that looked bad so I tried another way of getting my code to work that would also fail. Not had it before but then I don't do allot with autoit.

My guess is it's just Vista and one of it's many glitches! but it is a pain going into task manager and killing the other old debug scrips!!

• Developers

Are you sure you stop it and if so how are you stopping it?

Does it actually say in the SciTE output pane that it ended?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Are you sure you stop it and if so how are you stopping it?

Does it actually say in the SciTE output pane that it ended?

Hi Jos, I guess my category could be pain in the a**! I stop the code by using Tools, Stop Executing. To be honest I have never looked in the output pain to see if it ended but once I have changed the code that I wanted to change I do have to go back to Tools, GO and select it? I end up with several (at one point) autoit icons on my system tray but they were inactive and thus hidden but they were lying! It would appear when I hit 1 to activate the program one of the duff ones would jump into life and fool me.

There has been a couple of times I have been too eager and I have edited the code then go to run it but found it was all ready running, so I would have to stop it executing before hitting GO again.

Now you know why I was so wound up! I had to try every thing I had tried before once again as any one part of it could have been potentially correct.

• Developers

You really should code it in a way you can stop the program "nicely". so when you have a loop like the other script, you should define a HotKey that would make it exit.

Anyways: When you stop the script via tools, it should also KILL your script and clean the "dead" tray icon.

When you are running a script with F5 (or Tools/Go) you cannot start another script while its running.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Ok, I will have a look at the hotkey exit. On the script running side of things I was only running the one script I was just starting and stopping it allot whilst doing tweaks, and the little tray icons just mounted up in the background.

• Developers

Ok, I will have a look at the hotkey exit. On the script running side of things I was only running the one script I was just starting and stopping it allot whilst doing tweaks, and the little tray icons just mounted up in the background.

Did you load that full Scite version yet as I suggested?

That will do the clean up of the tray icon for you.

You have to realize that the stop executing in SciTE simple kills the process the hard way.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Did you load that full Scite version yet as I suggested?

That will do the clean up of the tray icon for you.

You have to realize that the stop executing in SciTE simple kills the process the hard way.

I was running SciTE 1.78 and AutoIt 3.3.0.0, I am now fully updated so I will see how things go from here.

Thanks Jos

• Developers

I was running SciTE 1.78 and AutoIt 3.3.0.0, I am now fully updated so I will see how things go from here.

Thanks Jos

The Full SciTE4AutoIt3 is a separate installer (see my sig) which does a lot of extra's.

One of items is AutoIt3Wrapper that "automates" the Run and Compile options and one of the many thing it does is the cleanup of the systemtray icon in case the autoit3.exe process gets killed.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Anyways: When you stop the script via tools, it should also KILL your script and clean the "dead" tray icon.

When you are running a script with F5 (or Tools/Go) you cannot start another script while its running.

Jos

Not true in my experience. If you run a script and go back to scite and press F1 to look something up it will usually start another instance as well as bring up the help. You can then only kill one of them using the Scite option to end the script, so I can see how someone could end up with lots of instances.
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

• Developers

Not true in my experience. If you run a script and go back to scite and press F1 to look something up it will usually start another instance as well as bring up the help. You can then only kill one of them using the Scite option to end the script, so I can see how someone could end up with lots of instances.

True... so the result is that you cannot run another script. ;)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.