Vector[] out of bound error.

neology

Posted Image

Firstly, i create a virus remover program and it run smoothly without any error on my laptop(Vista Home Premium,SP2) and also my desktop (XP Professional,SP3). But, when it run on other pc with XP sp3, the error popup when trying to run one of program's function. It doesn't terminate the program but pause and continue the program after OK button is pressed. help me to figure out the problem..

Edited by neology

Sure, it is somewhere in some program that you didn't share with us yet.

Jos

but it run smoothly on my laptop and pc..but the error occurs on other's.

may this problem occurs because the other pc spec?or in the script code itself?

i don't believe it is caused by the script code because it run smoothly in both my laptop and desktop with different OS version.

if you don't mine..you can try my software and see whether the error occurs or not.

download from here : http://www.rancanganperniagaan.net/nvr3/NVR3Beta.rar

• Developers

Do you seriously think I am going to run a bunch of EXE's and DLL's without knowing what they do?

You will have to post source code and determine which script and what portion is giving the error.

What program is giving the error?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Do you seriously think I am going to run a bunch of EXE's and DLL's without knowing what they do?

You will have to post source code and determine which script and what portion is giving the error.

What program is giving the error?

i'm sorry..NVR is stand for Neo Virus Remover. The code is just a 'file comparator'. The MD5 checksum of the file is compared with the MD5 which known as threat/malware stored in database(NVRDEFS.DLL and NVRDEFW.DLL). you can explore those DLL export list and find a thousands of exported functions..each functions name actually is a MD5 of malware file. you can pick any random function name and cross check with www.threatexpert.com

check : http://www.threatexpert.com/report.aspx?md5=<md5 here>

i'm so sorry coz i can't expose the real code here..however i will exposed the similiar code here..

func BeginScan()

if guictrlread($fullscan) = $GUI_CHECKED then
     $drive = DriveGetDrive("FIXED")
     if $drive[0] > 0 then
        for $i=1 to $drive[0]
           if $drive[$i] = "A:" or $drive[$i] = "B:" then
               sleep(1)
           else
               scan($drive[$i],1)
           endif
        next
      endif
   endif

endfunc

func scan($path,$subfolder)

;doing file listing : FileFindFirst() and FileFindNext
    ;each file founded will computed their md5 hash
    ;compared with database : using dllcall tu call exported func in DLL (using computed md5 hash as exported func name)
    ;any error return from dllcall declare that the file is 'clean'
    ;no error mean that file is a threat..the return value is malware name.
    ;user asked for action base on scan settings.

endfunc

Posted Image

after 3 times the messagebox popup, it popup this error

Posted Image

this screenshot was captured by one of my Beta Tester..

Edited by neology

• Developers

The only way I can see you can debug this is to do some logging to a file in your code to determine which portion is generating the 2 errors.

EDIT: also see you are using a 2 years old release (3.2.10.0)

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

The only way I can see you can debug this is to do some logging to a file in your code to determine which portion is generating the 2 errors.

EDIT: also see you are using a 2 years old release (3.2.10.0)

Jos

i'm also use the AutoIt.Error obj event to write a log file for debug purpose..but it seems doesn't work for me..

i'm try to use the latest release but i it really make me sick because i need to review back my 3K++ lines coding..

if there is no one can help me, it's fine..i'll try to figure out the problem myself..anyway, thanks in advanced to you Jos..