Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jerparker

Run Command or ShellExecute Command to start a servers side app from the client using absolute/relative path

2 posts in this topic

I am new to AutoIT and need help and a fresh perspective on how to code either a 'RUN' command or ShellExecute statement to open our server side applcation.

My objective is for our system admins to execute the AutoIT script which first display's the prompt notifying him/her the script will beging running in 5 seconds (unless they choose no), Next Run the command to start the server application located in \\servername\DOCEX\_docex.hvw.

There is a shortcut on the desktop of the client for this application with the following target properties are : \\servername\DOCEX\_docex.hvw") Start in: C:\DOCEX\

Everything works until I try to run the application that resides on the server in the AutoIT Script.

Code Snippet:

; Location of the application running on the server I am trying to run. [\\Servername\directory\filename.extension]

$application = ("\\servername\DOCEX\_docex.hvw")

; Prompt the user to run the script - Y/N

$answer = MsgBox(4, "Application Test Script", "This script will activate the Application Script. Click Yes to Run",5)

; Check the user's answer to the prompt

; If "No" was clicked (7) then exit the script

If $answer = 7 Then

MsgBox(0, "Application Test Script", "OK. Bye!")

Exit

EndIf

;Run the DHDS Login Script

Run($application)

; Application Main Window opens on client workstation where AutoIT script is being executed.

Thank you please help:(

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

What is the error message you get from your AutoIt script? Can you start the application properly from server when you run it from Start->Run on the client?

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ