Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
distantecho

Job automation

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

Please guide me. I recently acquired a job and started doing it using Autoit, I could automate few of the keystrokes and mouse movements but certain areas I need to do manualy. I want to know if all of the work could be automated. I have described the steps involved in my job below and where ever I could automate, and the areas I could not automate for your understanding. Please let me know if you can help me.

Job description: Taking information (including images) from one page and entering in another form. This is for a realtor job. First need to determine if the "ecord" is house or apartment, if it is found as apartment, apartment form in the destination site has to be opened or if house is found, house form should be opened, then the following steps has to be performed. If maintenance fee is missing in the source file, then it should be a “House”. This is how we differentiate House and Apartment.

Steps involved

1. Enter title in the box provided (need to consider meaningful lines from the description portion of source file, or can think and write any creative sentence) - could not automate

2. No. of rooms need to enter based on the count of room from the source file – could not automate

3. Need to copy description from the source file in the space provided - automated

4. Expiry date (any date after two years) - automated

5. Currency type - automated

6. Amount from the source file - automated

7. Need to check if maintenance fee, balcony, stove, and other site features are there in the source form and fill

in the respective fields provided in the destination form, which ever field is applicable - could not automate

8. Sales person name - automated

9. sales person telephone - automated

10. sales person fax number - automated

11. Images from source file (one record can have 1 image or even 9 images) - automated, written separate scripts for each number of images.

All these steps completes one record. Per day I need to complete 100 to 150 records. Now I need to know by using AutoIT is that possible to complete all required 100 or 150 numbers without any manual intervention. The script should automatically pass on to each record and complete one by one till it reaches the given target. Please let me know if you can help me.

Hi,

Please guide me. I recently acquired a job and started doing it using Autoit, I could automate few of the keystrokes and mouse movements but certain areas I need to do manualy. I want to know if all of the work could be automated. I have described the steps involved in my job below and where ever I could automate, and the areas I could not automate for your understanding. Please let me know if you can help me.

Job description: Taking information (including images) from one page and entering in another form. This is for a realtor job. First need to determine if the "ecord" is house or apartment, if it is found as apartment, apartment form in the destination site has to be opened or if house is found, house form should be opened, then the following steps has to be performed. If maintenance fee is missing in the source file, then it should be a “House”. This is how we differentiate House and Apartment.

Steps involved

1. Enter title in the box provided (need to consider meaningful lines from the description portion of source file, or can think and write any creative sentence) - could not automate

2. No. of rooms need to enter based on the count of room from the source file – could not automate

3. Need to copy description from the source file in the space provided - automated

4. Expiry date (any date after two years) - automated

5. Currency type - automated

6. Amount from the source file - automated

7. Need to check if maintenance fee, balcony, stove, and other site features are there in the source form and fill

in the respective fields provided in the destination form, which ever field is applicable - could not automate

8. Sales person name - automated

9. sales person telephone - automated

10. sales person fax number - automated

11. Images from source file (one record can have 1 image or even 9 images) - automated, written separate scripts for each number of images.

All these steps completes one record. Per day I need to complete 100 to 150 records. Now I need to know by using AutoIT is that possible to complete all required 100 or 150 numbers without any manual intervention. The script should automatically pass on to each record and complete one by one till it reaches the given target. Please let me know if you can help me.

I doubt anyone could help you from what you have said so far. Is this a web site you are interacting with? If so then you need to study the _IE* functions I think. Then you need to tackle one item at a time, try some code and if you get stuck show your code here in as brief an example as possible, with a clear description of what you want to do and what actaully happens. But stick to one thing at a time for support is my advice.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.