Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brodie28

IE.au3 help

2 posts in this topic

I have been using IE.au3 for a long time now and it has been a great UDF... I have a question for people who have used IE.au3 alot as well...

Sometimes when I am running a script (Could be running for hours and hours) which is controlling an IE window, IE will fail to load the page correctly. This has nothing to do with IE.au3 just sometimes the page will not fully load or it will not load the way it should. A simple reloading of the page would fix this but at the moment my scripts crash when it happens, normally because it tries to find a form or a form element which is not there.

what is the best way to determine if the page has not loaded correctly? Iv tried a few different if statements using @error but can't seem to come up with something which is reliable enough to use.

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Use _IEErrorHandlerRegister() near the top of your script or add your own COM error handler. From the help file:

...the following global variables are set for you to reference: $IEComErrorNumber, $IEComErrorNumberHex, $IEComErrorDescription, $IEComErrorScriptline, $IEComErrorWinDescription, $IEComErrorSource, $IEComErrorHelpFile, $IEComErrorHelpContext, $IEComErrorLastDllError, $IEComErrorComObj and $IEComErrorOutput.

You may control the display of COM error messages to the console with _IEErrorNotify.

:D

Edited by PsaltyDS

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law