Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Unattached

InetGet vs. Colon

5 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hello!

I've searched the forums for an answer to this problem but was unable to find one. I've tried to figure out a solution for a long time, but my programming experience is limited.

I've used the InetGet command mostly without any problems, I can't seem to get the command to work when there is a second colon further into the URL.

For example . . .

InetGet("http://Website.com/Directory:Subdirectory/File.jpg", "C:\MyOwnComputer\Pictures\File.jpg",1,1)

. . . produces an empty file. It's that second colon within the address that seems to be causing the trouble.

How should I rewrite the line to get it to work?

If any of you know a solution to this, I would greatly appreciate your help. Or, please point me to where this problem has been discussed earlier and I'll go there and read it.

Thanks!

EDIT: I should tell you that I'm using Internet Explorer 7 under Windows XP. Thanks again!

Edited by Unattached

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Try & # 5 8 ; for the second colon..

HTML Codes — T’N’T Luoma

Edit: oh hell just goto the page and use the special char for the colon symbol..

Edited by snowmaker

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Thank you BOTH for your replies! :D

I'll try it out shortly and let you know if it works!

Thanks again!