Windows 7 32 and 64 bits

asuboy75

I just cant seem to run a simple 1 line script MsgBox(...) on Windows 7 x64 when the exe is compiled as x86. It just won't run. I get a hourglass for a few seconds and no message box. The exe is running in task manager. A compiled 64 bit version works just fine. The funny thing is if i run the x86 exe in XP SP2 compatibility mode, it run for the 1st time, then stops working again.

Even funnier is when the same code is compiled on a 32-bit XP machine then copied over to the above mention Windows 7, there is never a problem. It seems that the autoit compiler on Windows 7 is behaving differently. I intalled the 32-bit version of AutiIT 3.3.4

What am i doing wrong?

What am i doing wrong?

I had exact same problem. Well for the most part of it i did :mellow:.

Scripts would work but acting very strange.

Have you updated autoit to new version ?Have you installed scite full version on top of one comes with autoit by default ?

If so, uninstall autoit and manually remove autoit files from program files folder. reinstall and everything should work OK.

What am i doing wrong?

My Crystal ScriptAlyzer shows a missing parameter on line 14.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107356&view=findpost&p=757174

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

My Crystal ScriptAlyzer shows a missing parameter on line 14.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107356&view=findpost&p=757174

My reply analyzer shows "what is that gotta do with this topic ?" :mellow:

Sorry: please dont ban me :(

Show us your code?

This is my code: (I am not joking, this is my entire script)

Msgbox(0, "Test", "Hello")

When I compile it to x86 the exe starts and keeps running but nothing happens. I have to kill it in TaskManager. When I compile in 64 it works correctly.

By the way I do have a little different setup of windows than usual. I have almost 75% of the non essential services disbabled. But what service could block a simple Message box script to not execute in 32-bits? This is what I have tried to so far:

This works:

1) Compile the script on a 32-bit machine and execute on the 64-bit Windows 7.

These does not work:

1) Install latest version of AutoIt 3.3.4.0

2) Instead of MsgBox used FileWriteLine("C:\Test.txt", "Some Text")

3) Not use UPX option

2) Tried #RequireAdmin in the code

3) Start exe as Administrator

4) Start exe in Win XP SP2 compatibility mode

Interesting observations

1) When using the compatibility assistant the exe works when the assistant starts it, then stops working after that.

2) The following is found in the event log after running the compatibility assistant

Fault bucket 989874106, type 5

Event Name: PCA2

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: Test1.exe

P2: 3.3.4.0

P3: unknown

P4: 텘ᴓ

P5: Ȁ

P6: 100

P7: 1

P8:

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

C:\Temp\PCW5189.tmp

C:\Temp\ACG5199.tmp

These files may be available here:

D:\Users\fkhan\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\NonCritical_Test1.exe_e3e848c861ee728e91ff23c8614685fb949179_1d4587f4

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>

<Answers Version="1.0">

<Interaction ID="IT_LaunchMethod">

<Value>ContextMenu</Value>

</Interaction>

<Interaction ID="IT_SelectProgram">

<Value>NotListed</Value>

</Interaction>

<Interaction ID="IT_BrowseForFile">

<Value>D:\TightVNC\test1.exe</Value>

</Interaction>

</Answers>

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: 7a922f46-1a0a-11df-8952-00190e032516

Report Status: 0

My reply analyzer shows "what is that gotta do with this topic ?" :mellow:

Sorry: please dont ban me :(

It had everything to do with this topic and achieved the desired reult as evidenced in post #6.

The OP replied with the information needed to analyze what is happening.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

It had everything to do with this topic and achieved the desired reult as evidenced in post #6.

The OP replied with the information needed to analyze what is happening.

UPDATE:

The 32-bit exe is still not working. I found out these additional facts:

1) On another newly installed Win7 x64, the 32bit exe works correctly. It just doesnt work on my machine.

2) A 32-bit exe complied on a different machine works correctly on my machine

3) If I call the 32-bit app from another 32 or 64 bit app then it works, but not when 32-bit app is run directly (i.e. by double click)

4) It is as if explorer which is 64bit is having problems with the 32bit.

I think I can rule out Windows as being the problem. It is something else on my machine thats causing the problem, But I have no clue as to what it could be.