Just a question about autoit

Unable to execute the external program... Run(@ScriptFullPath & " -box")

Edit: See what I mean... Do the end justify the means? You have to go through all this just to 'prove a point' or just to "perform 2 things at the same".

Edited by Burrup

qq

Edit: See what I mean... Do the end justify the means? You have to go through all this just to 'prove a point' or just to "perform 2 things at the same".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

in my case yes. since i have no trubble w/ it at all.

in your case no. since you have trubble w/ it.

heres an avi that shows 1 compiled and one using regread to find the autoitexe.

btw what OS are you running.

im on XP home SP 2

Edited by w0uter

My UDF's:;mem stuff_Mem;ftp stuff_FTP ( OLD );inet stuff_INetGetSource ( OLD )_INetGetImage _INetBrowse ( Collection )_EncodeUrl_NetStat_Google;random stuff_iPixelSearch_DiceRoll

XP PRO SP 2... What point are you trying to prove now? That you can't do 2 things at once, or that a message box doesn't nesiccarly pause a script? In your 'evidence' of the AVI file. There clearly isn't 2 message boxes appearing at the same time. As for my previous statement about not being able to do 2 things at once, did you look me MY example... can you please perform that action at the same time?

As for my odometre script, Do you see run() anywhere in my script? []bIN my script it IS impossible to have more than 1 message box at the same time. If you don't believe me can you please try and recreate the problem? No, you cant.

qq

I am just justifying what I originally said, in relation to your problem. And didn't think that someone would blow it out of proportion.

As stated before, I think the only way you would be able to do this would be to have multiple scripts. But then again when you execute something, in a look that is. It does it incredibly fast and you probably wouldn't notice a difference. By that I mean in your Pacman idea witht he monsters moving.

qq

I am just justifying what I originally said, in relation to your problem. And didn't think that someone would blow it out of proportion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL

As stated before, I think the only way you would be able to do this would be to have multiple scripts. But then again when you execute something, in a look that is. It does it incredibly fast and you probably wouldn't notice a difference. By that I mean in your Pacman idea witht he monsters moving.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought about useing hotkeys ups,down,left and right and just having the monsters moving in a while loop. Then I thought what if the person holds down the hot key. Would the monsters stop moving if the hotkey was held down? I was thinking about using guictrlsetdata on pictures and guictrlread for events in script for to check contact between the pacman and the ghost. You know just have a gui full of pictures and use guisetdata to make it look things are moving. The problem is how do I set the message to change the picture for another script. I believe ControlCommand will do but I don't know what command to send and the picture is stactic. I know this is a asking alot but could you show me a small exsample. Say a gui with one picture and and a 2nd script to change the picture. On second thought if you don't feel like its ok. I don't think I am ready to script something this big. I am just gathering info for the future. Thank you for the reply.

I have no idea about how to communicate between to scripts lol, but as stated before also, you could do the messy idea of using the clipboard lol.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the reply. You never know when a user is going to copy something. I think I will lay off of that ideal. I got plans to make a script to teach typing. It's something more in my league.

I have no idea about how to communicate between to scripts lol, but as stated before also, you could do the messy idea of using the clipboard lol.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lets stop arguing. wer both right/wrong.

you could also try writing in the registry.

or in the computers memory using a seperate dll.

My UDF's:;mem stuff_Mem;ftp stuff_FTP ( OLD );inet stuff_INetGetSource ( OLD )_INetGetImage _INetBrowse ( Collection )_EncodeUrl_NetStat_Google;random stuff_iPixelSearch_DiceRoll

Agreed. I would much like to see this script quick_sliver007 if you decide to create/script it :(.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would like to see it too, LOL. Take a look at this:
#region --- GuiBuilder code Start ---
; Script generated by AutoBuilder 0.5 Prototype

#include <GuiConstants.au3>

GUICreate("MyGUI", 798, 548, (@DesktopWidth - 798) / 2, (@DesktopHeight - 548) / 2, $ws_overlappedwindow + $ws_visible + $ws_clipsiblings)
Dim $pic[13]
Dim $p[13]
$pic[1] = GUICtrlCreatePic("2.bmp", 240, 10, 90, 70)
$p[1] = "ghost"
$pic[2] = GUICtrlCreatePic("3.bmp", 240, 90, 90, 70)
$p[2] = "me"
$pic[3] = GUICtrlCreatePic("1.bmp", 240, 170, 90, 70)
$p[3] = "open"
$pic[4] = GUICtrlCreatePic("1.bmp", 240, 250, 90, 70)
$p[4] = "open"
$pic[5] = GUICtrlCreatePic("1.bmp", 240, 330, 90, 70)
$p[5] = "open"

GUISetState()
$c = 2
Func up()

If $p[$c - 1] = "ghost" Then
        MsgBox(0, "contact", "contact")
    ElseIf $p[$c - 1] = "open" Then
        $c = $c - 1
        $p[$c] = "me"
        GUICtrlSetImage($pic[$c], "3.bmp")
        GUICtrlSetImage($pic[$c + 1], "1.bmp")
        $p[$c + 1] = "open"
        Return $c
        Return $p[$c]
        Return $p[$c + 1]
    EndIf

EndFunc  ;==>up
Func down()

If $p[$c + 1] = "ghost" Then
        MsgBox(0, "contact", "contact")

ElseIf $p[$c + 1] = "open" Then
        $c = $c + 1
        $p[$c] = "me"
        GUICtrlSetImage($pic[$c], "3.bmp")
        GUICtrlSetImage($pic[$c - 1], "1.bmp")
        $p[$c - 1] = "open"
        Return $c
        Return $p[$c]
        Return $p[$c - 1]
    EndIf

EndFunc  ;==>down

HotKeySet("{down}", "down")
HotKeySet("{up}", "up")
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Select
        Case $msg = $gui_event_close
            ExitLoop
        Case Else
        ;;;
    EndSelect
WEnd
Exit
#endregion --- GuiBuilder generated code End ---

I was thinking of doing something like this but with a two dimension array instead for the left and right.

I got the some pics for on the download so you don't have to make your own and size them.