trouble with @ComSpec and variables

Let me start by saying I love Autoit. It's so easy to work with usually. I'm not a programmer. When I was in high school, advanced computer programming taught Basic. I've started working with Autoit recently and so far have made a couple of cool programs. I work in computer repair, and business is great. We have several Newbies, I need to write a simple script to use robocopy to copy files from one location to another with predetermined swithces. Robocopy can run as a backup process and copy files even if the newbies forget to take permission of the folder to be copied. I have my GUI that returns selected locations, but when I try to use my variables with comspec I always get an error in command prompt "the system cannot find the path specified. I'm sure it's a simple syntax error, but I need a little help.

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /k " & '"robocopy.exe" & $src & $dest "\*.* /FP /S /E /COPY:DAT /ZB /R:0 /W:0"',"",@SW_SHOW)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum ajblandford, :mellow:

Try showing your CMD string in a messagebox to see if it looks correct if you have issues. Take note in the help file under Run() / RunWait() for the remark with paths with spaces need to be enclosed in quotation marks.

; Try showing the CMD string in a messagebox to see result
$src = 'c:\path\with\white space'
$dest = 'c:\path\with some more\white space'
$cmd = '"' & @ComSpec & '" /k robocopy.exe "' & $src & '" "' & $dest & '\*.*" /FP /S /E /COPY:DAT /ZB /R:0 /W:0'
MsgBox(0, 'CMD string to use', $cmd)

; Solution to try
;~ RunWait('"' & @ComSpec & '" /k robocopy.exe "' & $src & '" "' & $dest & '\*.*" /FP /S /E /COPY:DAT /ZB /R:0 /W:0', "", @SW_SHOW)

The messagebox above shows my attempt at the command needed. Hopefully is OK.

The RunWait() line is commented for safety. Uncomment for testing. I would test on some *copies* of folders first.